Vortex won't update and I am getting message "Failed to Install extension"

nexodexo

First, I want to say that I just typed out this entire post and, when I clicked save, had to go through a Cloudflare redirect that took me back to the main thread page where my post did not appear.

Anyway, I have two issues:

1) I get a message that an update is available. When I click it, Vortex shuts down and doesn't restart. When I restart it manually, nothing happens and the message remains.

2) I get the yellow message. When I click "Fix", it shows me the red message. When I click "More", it shows me the dialog below. I can't find anything named "re-engine-wrapper" in any of the tabs in Vortex.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Edit: I am trying to attach screenshots, but Nexus is telling me "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." Edit 2: I guess you can't copy/paste images directly into the message. I had to use the attach option.

Edited by nexodexo

It sounds like your anti-virus has been sabotaging the install of Vortex. I suspect it removed that module from the app when you updated it.

I checked my Windows Defender logs and I don't see any file there resembling that. What is the solution to this issue? What files am I missing?

Guest deleted34304850

No answers from the dev team at all?

how would anyone be able to answer your question of "what files am I missing?"