How to change load order

lillikonko

LOL Well, TBH it all kinda depends on the game. Some of them are a lot harder to learn to mod than others. Some areas of bethesda games, CAN be pretty difficult.

Especially when they give you tools that have a really steep learning curve, just to figure out how to use them (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Creation Kit!)

Tho, the community has released tools that are easier. To be honest, some of what I know is just from opening mods up, (using Fo4Edit) hunting around inside of them, tinkering with this and that, and then checking to see what it does.

Ok, I'ma give you a cheat here, Lilli. Get and install a mod called Cheat Terminal. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13285

In it's myriad assortment of many things that this mod lets you do... is rename your character.

What happens when you rename your character, right afterwards, cheat terminal will save the game. But... that save is forked/branched from your regular play save, because the game engine creates save trees by name of the character.

So, if I am playing a toon named, say.... Stormwolf. I do the name change and change it to Stormwolf2. I now, actually have TWO characters. I can exit the game, install gun mod X, load up Stormwolf2 to test the mod out. Then if I like it, I can go back to Stormwolf and just keep playing. If it doesn't work, or I don't like the mod, I can exit the game, uninstall the mod, and just delete the save files for Stormwolf2 :D

But yeah, I hear ya, and I agree. Right now, the benefit just doesn't make it worth the effort, til they get things working better.

Heh, tho I don't recommend saying this, as they could report you for it.... I think My response would be "Well don't release mods with such pain in the tail dependancies!" No, I jest, I wouldn't do that. But I'd be tempted :wink:

I tried that little trick of yours and renamed my character just to see if i could get tactical reload to work with at least one weapon. Just as a test. And you know what, the game hasn't crashed yet. It does actually seem to work. I may just try to add TR to some more guns. Thank you very much indeed, kind Sir!