"Failed to fetch list of games"

Go to solution Solved by AugustaCalidia,

How do I resolve the error "Failed to fetch list of games?" After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 today, I opened Vortex (1.5.9) and was presented with the error:

(Sorry for the truncated view in the second attachment. I don't know how to show the entire log.)

I've never seen this before, and I could find nothing in a forum search about the topic. However, I have found that the issue was posted on GitHub (https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/11858) about 30 minutes before I started this thread. The GitHub post has not yet been acted upon. Also, information about OS and Vortex version were not provided.

I have no idea if the Windows 11 upgrade has anything to do with the error. However, I mention the upgrade because it is one of the significant thinga I did before the appearance of the error. Also, just before upgrading to Windows 11, I upgraded my graphics card (EVGA RTX 3060) and installed the latest Nvidia drivers.

Fortunately, the error appears to have no impact on Vortex and its mod management abilities. Apart from the fetch failure, everything seems to be operating normally.

Some questions. To what list of games does the error refer? How important is it to fetch this list? If I can't resolve the error, can I safely just ignore it?

Edited by AugustaCalidia

Guest deleted34304850

what version of vortex are you running? i'm on 1.5.12 and can't get it to do that.

Vortex 1.5.9.

Since my original post, I have run Vortex 1.5.9 on a second computer with Windows 11. The error does not occur there. It would appear that the issue occurs only in my first computer.