Game launched from MO2+SKSE doesn't start.

adavedreaming

Hello everyone,

today I wanted to jump back into the world of Skyrim, so I re-downloaded MO2 and all the necessary files + mods.

I followed this guy's tutorial on how to mod the game, considering the new AE:

So, I went through the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher process.

Just to put it out there, I never bought the AE, but the game was automatically updated through Steam with the latest 1.6 update.

Unfortunately, after following that guide and download a good number of mods, I tried to run Mod Organizer 2 with SKSE and the game is not starting. At first, it gave me the issue:

"po3_PapyrusExtender.dll

REL/Relocation.h(725): Failed to locate an appropriate address library with the path: Data/SKSE/Plugins/versionlib-1-5-97-0.bin. This means you are missing the address library for this specific version of the game. Please continue to the mod page for address library to download an appropriate version. If one is not available, then it is likely that address library has not yet added support for this version of the game."

I tried doing everything that was mentioned here (like making sure no AE mods are installed, delete and reinstall SKSE for SE): https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/rlsp73/relrelocationh711_help_instant_ctd_upon_startup/

But to no avail.

Then I tried to disable the mod papyrus and all the ones related to script extender, but when I tried to run SKSE again, the game won't even open the error window anymore. Nothing.

If I run the game through Steam it obviously starts, but no Mod is present.

I'm not a big tech savvy, I tried to look for some troubleshooting guide online but to no avail.

Do you guys have any suggestion?

I've attached 3 screenshots of my mod list as a reference.

Thank you in advance for whoever is going to help out!

Thank you showler for answering.

I double-checked and yes, I have the SE version. Just to make sure, I re-downloaded it and tried to launch again with SKSE (keeping Papyrus extender and the related mods on), and it gave me the same Error.

Without papyrus, when I try to launch with SKSE nothing happens.

I checked on LOOT and the only mod that gives me a red message is Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, saying: "- Error: Requires version **1.6.323.0** or greater of **Skyrim Special Edition**.

Also, I see you have the wrong version of Racemenu installed. If you're going to downgrade your game then you need to make sure all your mods are for version 1.5.97. You can't be mixing mods that are for specific versions.

Showler, thank you so much for your time.

I'll make sure all the mods are for the 1.5 version. I'll start from the unofficial patch and Racemenu and check all the others.

Regarding this "If you're still getting the error about the missing file did you confirm that it exists in the correct location.", I'm not sure how to verify that unfortunately. Do you have any suggestions?

Earlier today I tried to download the CBBE mod for previous version, I currently have the latest one, but it didn't let me download it. I'm afraid the owner doesn't let download the old versions anymore (but I could be wrong, also it kinda sounds strange since it's a very popular mod and most of them still run with Skyrim SE).

• 2 weeks later...

I found the papyrus file here: C:\Modding\MO2\mods\powerofthree's Papyrus Extender\skse\plugins

The unofficial patch is only available with the latest update (1.6).

At this point, I'm wondering if downgrading the game as stated in that guide is really necessary.

At this point, I'm wondering if downgrading the game as stated in that guide is really necessary.

IMHO it isn't. Most "essential" mods work in AE or received an update. There are only a few mods that definitely don't work in AE.

Here's an overview of what works and what doesn't.

https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

TBH, most of the mods listed as "incompatible" weren't updated for a long time even before AE. I wouldn't be too sure they work without problems in the last build of SE...