Animators- I need some assistance please.

I've made a simple test animation in Blender and exported it as an fbx.

When I import it into 3DSMAX It seems the skeleton collapses on itself.

mess.jpg

Funny thing though, the bones do animate, just not as intended.

I'm sure I'm missing something silly and would be grateful for any assistance.

What version of max do you have? If 2015 and above, then there are several ready-made rigs for kinematics in max. The importer in blender, as far as I've heard, is based on os. The OS has always had some kind of problem with the Z axis. It seems that os mirrors the Z axis, or something else. In any case, clothing bones (physics bones for outfit) after os somehow twist along the z axis so that they never work, and ordinary bones, moreover, always fall apart in max after os.As a guess. The blender plugin just doesn't work correctly. Edited by South8028

South8028,

Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

I am using Max 2015. I guess I need to continue my education in that area.

I've been resisting it for a long time, heck, I'm still using Blender 2.49 ;)

Thanks again.

I don't know for sure as I don't work in blender. But maybe you can use a max rig in blender? Animate the bones in blender, save to fbx and then work with animations in max using hkt2014?..

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/apcVVKe03x5pqw

These are all the rigs I have. It's just that some authors removed their rigs from the nexus after changing the nexus policy.

Perhaps you can export zax zex rig to me in fbx for max 2013? I also advise you to contact savage cabbage in LL. He is a super animator and ~3 months ago offered everyone his animation package for max 2015. You can also ask him for hkt2014 if you don't have it. https://www.loverslab.com/profile/968809-savagecabbage/

Edited by South8028