[LE] New here plus a question

Hello, I'm new here. *Waves* I figured I would introduce myself and ask a question that's probably been asked before. Don't worry, I've searched it before and my search fu isn't so good for whatever reason. Here we go.

I'm trying to mod Skyrim Special Edition on Steam. I've installed both the game and the Skyrim Creation Kit from the "tools" menu in Steam. When I click on launch Creation Kit the button kind of acts like it's launching the kit, then stops. I've searched and have come up with this bit of info below:

Make sure the Creation Kit is installed to the special edition folder.

So, how do I do that? When I install the creation kit (or anything else really) Steam only gives me the option to install to the steam folder or create a new steam folder on my other drive. There is no option that I can see that gives me the ability to install it wherever I wish. Thanks for reading.

The "Skyrim Creation Kit" found in the "Tools" menu is the 32 bit Creation Kit for the original 32 bit version of Skyrim. It will not work with Skyrim Special Edition.

The Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit can be found in the Steam store. See here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1946180/Skyrim_Special_Edition_Creation_Kit/