Anim Static

When exporting from Blender using 249.2 NifScripts there is an option for Anim Static. That is the only way I know to get the collision mesh to move with the object. Correct me if I am wrong but from what I have observed, this renders the collision mesh almost useless as it now fails most physical interaction - other than Actor

Having played around in NifSkope I have found no solution.

What I want to do is take my submarine from Harodich and have the player drive through a deep sea adventure but it goes straight through the ground mesh.

I suppose I could just tell players that staying inside the map is their problem...doh.

Collisions is always hard. One way is if you have a similar mesh that works, any really. The hard bit will be to get the collision to fit and it is a box, it is very easy abd the more complex it is, the harder it will get.

This is just a workaround... This is how I do it mostly.

So empty that mesh in NifSkope from all visible objects. Remove each Branch.

Export your mesh without collisions from Blender

Open a new Nifskope and have the collision in the first one and your objects in the other. Just press [Ctrl-N] and a new NifSkope window pops up.

Copy Branches of NiTriShapes or NitriStrips from Nifskope window 2 and paste them at the NiNode in Nifskope window 1

Edit the collision by moving each vertices to a proper place by playing with the coordinate numbers for each and everyone. Compare the coordinates of the ends with your objects to get a feeling where to move the vertices. If it is a complex collision, then it will be hard, but not impossible. I fixed a plate this way, made the collision to fit to a coffee cup i made a year ago and also weapons and shield 2006 already. Also An Oven in Cobl, furnitures, and similar last year with odd or miss fitting collisions. Worked perfect. Patience is the key here. I cannot understand why there are so many objects with miss fitting collisions around. Nice and good looking stuff and when we peek at the collisions in Nifskope, they are not in sync at all... :/ Very odd :wink: The Oven in COBL, used to cast off stuff like they where shot out from a canon all over my kitchen. That has stopped after I edited it. No more flying pots in my kitchen :D

If the collision is a simple box, then it is a piece in a cake. Not all collision types are easy to edit. But the mesh will buy it if it is edited in NifSkope but not if you edit the collision in Blender as then it gets screwed or corrupted, if you do not make it from scratch that is but you did tried that, did you not? I did try to edit collisions in Blender, failed it. It gets corrupted and useless. Maybe it will work with newest Nif exporter? IDK... I have not tested any newer exporters for some time now. One thing that the latest version i did test was it could import Oblivion meshes but it exported them with new made collisions. So i import a mash with an old importer, exported it with a new. We can have several versions of the Niftools at the same time in Blender. Hard to see which is which... We will find out when something fails during import or export. :D

Edited by Pellape

When exporting from Blender using 249.2 NifScripts there is an option for Anim Static. That is the only way I know to get the collision mesh to move with the object. Correct me if I am wrong but from what I have observed, this renders the collision mesh almost useless as it now fails most physical interaction - other than Actor

Having played around in NifSkope I have found no solution.

What I want to do is take my submarine from Harodich and have the player drive through a deep sea adventure but it goes straight through the ground mesh.

I suppose I could just tell players that staying inside the map is their problem...doh.

glowplug,

I dont know how to help with this; the only thing I know about mods are how to install them, lol!

But, I am a big fan of your work and love the sub! It would be great to pilot! I hope you can make the idea work!

Thank you for taking so much time to help with this Pellape. Having followed your instructions I still found the same issue - while the collision mesh follows the material mesh, it fails to respond to other collision mesh such as Terrain. In addition, I still found no setting in NifSkope to rectify that.

In the end, I think it's more important for the mod to enable what it's supposed to do. The player will have to pilot the sub from point to point in allocated time - they will wear a Dwemer diving suit due to the version of Gamebryo not having code-able water bubble. Argonians will have to wear the same suit to interface with the sub - a matter of having 1 set of programming code.

This will require MenuQue to show the submarine health.

When the player goes below ground mesh the sub will make metal fatigue noise and lose health. I need to work out a repair tool, probably as a weapon.

When the sub goes above water height for more than a second, player input will be paused while the sub and contents LERPed back underwater.

More in another post , as and when.

Cool. What you are doing, does not seems easy at all. I hope you solve it in the end or we just have to accept that Oblivion is an old game with some limits and even if we have damn cool and fun ideas, not everything is possible to make. I do write often that nothing is impossible, but still... Some stuff is. keep up the good work. :D

I WANNA DIVE!!!!! :wink:

Edited by Pellape