Oblivion Script Extender Problem

AGLNM01

Hi all,

I love playing Oblivion using the Script Extender. However, I have a problem completing one of the quests for The Fighter's Guild. I am trying to complete the mission where i am tasked with retrieving The Stone Of St Alessia from Sedor and return it to the church in Bruma. For some reason i cannot activate Sedor's door to gain entry, though the cursor appears correctly, if I load Oblivion through the Script Extender. However, I have no problem entering if I just load the game normally (not through the Script Extender). I have not altered Sedor in any way. I have installed the latest version of the Script Extender. All the other locations around Cyrodiil can be entered without a problem. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, can you please suggest a way to solve this problem?

Thanks.for any advice to solve this problem.

My first thought was perhaps a fix by the UOP that depends on OBSE but a search through the UOP change log didn't turn up anything for Sedor beyond an exterior fix to hide the inside of one of the arches.

Have you entered Sedor prior to starting the quest?

Test UOP really if you have not done that. I use xOBSE v21.5 wich is the latest version that actually works good with the old COBL and I cannot play without a working COBL, that is out of the question. Well try it, you can always go back to OBSE if you do not like it. Just overwrite the xOBSE with OBSE and vice verse if you wanna test it. All filenames are the same in OBSE and xOBSE.

If you do not use COBL, you can try the latest xOBSE. What is not working in newer versions? Denock arrow. The animation looks weird and the arrow make some odd moves, thats it. The same here. If you do not like it, overwrite it with any OBSE or other xOBSE version. Its very easy really. Copy, paste, YES I want to over write those files... :D

While I tested them, I had them all packed up in different folders, next to each others, so I could copy and paste fast. It takes a few seconds to do it. So xOBSE worked up to 21.5 and I had no issues with the older versions what I can recall. OBSE is from 2013 and it is very very old. 9 years old. xOBSE is fresh and 21.5 is from 2019 and the author know what he is doing. If he fix a version compatible with COLBL, I will be happy. COBL is very old now... Denock? When was it made? IDK... It is old. COBL last update was 2 years ago but it does not mean everything was updated. I will include some fixes I made with my next release of my big WIP, see Oblivion mod section here... Some odd or missing textures and collisions that where sloppy made at some meshes. Easy fixed really. ASs my mod is VOBL based, the fix belongs to that project. Maybe i do a separate UL one day? Maybe if I feel like it yes... :wink: It will be a small fix...

So why am I talking about COBL? Well IDK :D I can only say that xOBSE v21.5 works perfect, that's it. I will try the latest version later really. Maybe it works better as it was released Feb 14 2022 IDK!!!! Idle works with it daily I guess and I have not tested that version yet. He do have bugs to fix and still some old things to fix I guess, bugs in the 2013 OBSE which is the base for xOBSE I guess. Well that makes sense really. I will test it NOW!!! :wink: I be back in 15 min with a report.

Edited by Pellape

WOW. It works as I just denocked 2 arrows with the latest version. I will use xOBSE 22.6.1 now. If it acts odd, I report back but I really doubt it. If the old Denock works, I am sure more stuff will work. Cool... :D

FINALLY!!!

Edited by Pellape

I tried to complete Fighter's Guild quests today and I played to your problematic quest - I didn't have any problem at all to finish it.

But my OBSE setup is very conservative:

1.I'm still using original v21 OBSE version.

2. I'm using only SkyBsa, EngineBugFixes and Oblivion Stutter Remover right now.

My mods consist only of few esps:

Natural Vegetation and Natural Water (parts of Natural Enviroment from Max Tael)

Roberts Female and Male body replacers

My custom version of Drake's Dragon Race (almost all scripts are completely rewritten), as my hero is a black dragon.

Magic Torch

By the way - did you speak to Khajiit Bandit east of Bruma ? Although I don't think this could prevent you to enter Sedor.

But my OBSE setup is very conservative:

1.I'm still using original v21 OBSE version.

Mine too until 1 hour ago. I used 21.5. The game works with the latest xOBSE. More test is needed but still.. Denock... :D Have you tried it?

Edited by Pellape

Hi all,

Firstly, I have not installed any Beyond Cyrodill mods. To keep you all updated, I loaded Oblivion normally (Not Through The Script Extender), so that I could enter Sedor. I made a temporary save, then quit the game. Then I loaded the game again through the Script Extender, picked up the Stone Of St Alessia and tried exiting through the door, no problem, as I exited normally. So the problem seems to occur only on ENTERING, not EXITING. The last mod I installed was the No Borders mod, which is an OMOD. Just a thought, could that be causing my problem?

Thanks for all your help.

The only way to tell if your No Borders mod is causing the problem is to disable it temporarily and then load your pre-Sedor save with OBSE running.

Your solution was about what I would have done under the circumstances (sort of a if it works problem solved type situation).

I cannot do that for sure. I do run some OBSE dependent stuff and scripts. Well maybe it will work? IDK... What is it we do save in the obse save file anyway that might disappear? No object will get lost at least. I will loosed my arrays for sure or the items and references stored in my in game created arrays. Auto sorter, the Weapons database at my Display Room. Which Companion that is running which package schedules and similar.

One way to solve this door might be to open the console, mark the door with your mouse and type:

activate player

That works mostly really. If we cannot see an item, like a container, lets say Luggage, and COBL did reset my luggage objects. It can happen when I make some changes in game. Well not often but still...

I prid the main Luggage, the parent container that store all stuff that the Luggage calls, when we activate the different fake container placed in the world.

So I prid it and type: Activate player and I get access to it, no matter where I am. I could really just make a simple spell with a simple line I guess...

LuggageParent.Activate player

...or whatever the main Luggage reference is named. :D i should try it. It is more immersive to just summon the fake summonable chest but thats not the point right now.

Use the save outside that door with OBSE activated and test it.

Edited by Pellape