Vortex Forced beta update

vip86

Still getting the update notification myself, checked and on the stable channel. Will this take a while to resolve and is it worth disabling auto updates for the moment?

EDIT: The update being offered always fails. The VORTEX.EXE literally disappears and I have to manually reinstall. Checked the AV and no notifications or anything in quarantine.

The same issue that happened on GitHub's end when this thread was first opened appears to have happened again. We're aware of it. Luckily 1.5.11 and 1.5.12 aren't actually that different in terms of features or bugfixes. The beta build just uses "Global" DLLs instead of Vortex-specific ones for some functions.

Guest deleted34304850

its really weird - i have the beta channel active all the time - but i've not seen this, not even once.

does it only try to force the update if you're not on the latest version?

Didn't Tannin indicate that this was a GitHub issue? Why keep reporting it here?

Well, while it is a github issue we do have to take action to make it _stop_ instead of updating the entire user base.

For that it's good if we become aware of it asap, so I'm ok with this being communicated to us on any channel that works.

its really weird - i have the beta channel active all the time - but i've not seen this, not even once.

What do you mean by "this"?
This issue has only happened exactly these two times afaik, yesterday and today and it would only affect users who're on stable.
This notification you only get (usually!) if you manually install a beta release when you previously were on stable and it's only been introduced in 1.5. If you change the update channel inside Vortex and then let it update itself to the beta build I don't think you get the notification.
If anyone is interested: We're apparently not the only repo affected on github - which is good for us because it means the thing will have a higher priority for them.

Guest deleted34304850

Didn't Tannin indicate that this was a GitHub issue? Why keep reporting it here?

Well, while it is a github issue we do have to take action to make it _stop_ instead of updating the entire user base.

For that it's good if we become aware of it asap, so I'm ok with this being communicated to us on any channel that works.

What do you mean by "this"?
This issue has only happened exactly these two times afaik, yesterday and today and it would only affect users who're on stable.
This notification you only get (usually!) if you manually install a beta release when you previously were on stable and it's only been introduced in 1.5. If you change the update channel inside Vortex and then let it update itself to the beta build I don't think you get the notification.
If anyone is interested: We're apparently not the only repo affected on github - which is good for us because it means the thing will have a higher priority for them.

"this" in this context would be vortex telling me about an update - but - as you explained - it only occurs if you're in the stable channel. i'm in beta, pretty much permanently, hence that's the answer.