Which Fallout 4 version should be required at least?

Okay we all have those "Help, the mod doesn't show up" people showing up in the comments and after the fifth one everyone gets tired to tell them to update.

But which version is at least required? I only have something with 1.10 in my head

Standard boilerplate for all changelogs:

As this is published after November 2019 it requires Fallout4.exe 1.10.162.0 (or later) or equivalent workarounds. So upgrade your ripp3d war3z copy to use.

IN most cases newer mods made by the latest version of the CK dont work for older game versions...So its a given that one has to have the latest version...

I had this issue myself when i restarted modding 2 years ago after a 2-3 year absence..and my game was still a xxxx13xxxxx version... but had a fresh install of the CK...all my old mods worked but none of the newer that i was making...LOL kept on reinstalling the CK to fix the issue without thinking of updating the game... :tongue:

Edited by greekrage

Well I think the big leap was the introduction of compacted IDs, .esls... thus the needed update to install a Creation Kit that could do that too. And that's where this divide comes from but I could be wrong

In my experience, version .130 along with the patcher is sufficient. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

I myself run .138... with the only problem being able to locate older versions of staple mods such as AWKR-whatever whatever, that only support the most recent versions.

For a lot of people, recommending that they use that, fixes a lot of their problems. Tho sometimes it's a compatibility issue, or whatever. Or their trying to run a newer version of like, f4se with an older version.

Tho in my case, I'm just damned stubborn and don't wanna replace those three staple files that they updated in the last two patches :unsure: :whistling:

Edit: @GreekRage- That patch would have fixed your problem ;)

Do you wish to support FO4VR users? They are stuck on a pre-esl version.

Do you need certain features of F4SE? They came in various updates to F4SE which then governs the minimum FO4 version.

What about releasing to Xbox? Isn't it stuck on 1.10.50?

Those things governed what version I support in my mods - but I think I am much too easy and I like SKK's idea better...

Some people however really hated all the CC updates so stopped before 1.10 - do you want to support them?

Edited by PJMail

What about releasing to Xbox? Isn't it stuck on 1.10.50?

Totally NO, 99.98% of my solutions are released on Xbox and they are all published with the CK version for Fallout4.exe 1.10.162.0 or above

Although Fallout4.exe 1.10.162.0 f*#@s downtown Boston framerates to unusable on Xbox hardware that was fine before that cancerous CC ESL stuffing update.