Photo

Make an NPC's mouth not move during Dialogue?

sck help skyrim dialogue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

wilwhitt56

wilwhitt56

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I'm working on dialogue right now and i'm needing a bit of help. I'm wanting to make it so that It appears another NPC is talking off-screen when i'm speaking to another, basically chiming in to the conversation. Is there a way to make the NPC i'm talking to not move there mouth at that point in the conversation?

agerweb

agerweb

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,325 posts

If you don't generate a 'lip' file for the line, the NPC will not move there lips when the line is played.  

wilwhitt56

wilwhitt56

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

e

If you don't generate a 'lip' file for the line, the NPC will not move there lips when the line is played.  eve

even when you dont have audio for it?

Sphered

Sphered

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 412 posts

Approach I would probably use is to give a blank .... line to the npc you want to not move lips, and do a Say() call with the InPlayersHead argument as true

If I needed a plan B for the lip thing I might consider Actor.EnableAI(False) to freeze him a moment completely. Would have to play with things I guess and see how it goes

agerweb

agerweb

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,325 posts

e

If you don't generate a 'lip' file for the line, the NPC will not move there lips when the line is played.  eve

even when you dont have audio for it?
If you don't provide an audio file then any lip generated would be blank and no lips would move. But what would be the point if you want the NPC to speak.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sck, help, skyrim, dialogue

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.108 seconds