Container: Cars and power armor frames (Cell Respawn)

Qrsr

Static refers to an object that cannot be moved. It is built into the scenery.

such as a truck and/or motorcycle right?

Have you looked at the Lootable Cars mod (and 'redux' version "lootable cars and trucks")? It does what you want and only replaces vehicles not part of precombines (moveable statics).

There are no 'moveable static' motorcycles in the game I think.

Have you looked at the Lootable Cars mod (and 'redux' version "lootable cars and trucks")? It does what you want and only replaces vehicles not part of precombines (moveable statics).

There are no 'moveable static' motorcycles in the game I think.

these are on the list so far:

im curious if trucks wont break pre-combines but they should work, which is good. if there is no other way to get around not breaking pre-combines ... i can even imagine to put an activator on a car or something... to "mimic" or "simulate" a container like function.

My Lootable Vertibirds mod does not break precombines (and those wrecks are statics) so you can do the same thing - just add an invisible container at the same place as the car/truck/motorcycle static.

Use the same mesh as the static so it's collision is the same (if it has any!). Just don't do that for the moveables (as they move!) - replace them with the container like those mods do.

superb! that should do the trick as a nice workaround. now lets brainstorm this to death - let's say i will do that for many/all plants (vines, bushes, etc.), all vehicles such as vertibirds, cars, trucks, all appliance machinery etc. simply almost all imagineable lootable containers and pseudo container (invisible container). would i encounter any performance issues just because of so many containers? any interferences possible?

could i still provoke material swap meaning different appearance some visual highlights showing the player he did something to the container and/or pseudo container? i believe invisible containers wouldnt affect any visuals though?

EDIT: i assume a mat swap on a pseudo container would provoke/cause texture flickering? any workaround here?

Edited by WasteTheLand

Slow down! My suggestion was assuming a small number of extra cars/motorbikes out in the 'wilds' - not every havestable plant and random piece of machinery as well.

I have no idea what load that would put on a system - I think even transparent meshes are 'rendered' at some level.

(and yes, you see the material swap because the transparency should be 100%)

Perhaps you should investigate triggers (though I know little about them and nothing about their impact on the system).

I cant know what your suggestion is. :)

im serious is there a turning point in performance? any idea?

i dont want to experience, after spending alot of time putting pseudo containers ingame, the game not to work anymore.. anyway thx all!!

Triggers are an invisible area that when you enter it you can trigger an action (like a loot option). As it isn't rendered it won't slow down your FPS.

I don't know anything more than that about them, but I just suggested you investigate this option too as it would not have the overhead of an 'invisible' activator.

I really have no idea what extra load puting a lot of psuedo containers in the game would have. Why not just test on a worse case area (somewhere with lots of things already) and see?

Triggers are an invisible area that when you enter it you can trigger an action (like a loot option). As it isn't rendered it won't slow down your FPS.

Why not just test on a worse case area (somewhere with lots of things already) and see?

this sounds very good. i will start playing around when i have the time but its on the list now because it sound to good not to test it out. i assume it would be godsent to put triggers/pseudo containers to all ingame items with an appropiate loot balancing system of course. i always dreamed about those blue glowing mushrooms beeing harvestable or those cars, trucks, motorbikes being salvagable. such a nice game but so unfinished ...