Vortex High CPU usage and Very High power usage even when not open or in use

Vulpix298

Hello. I was downloading some mods the other day, finished, and played my game with no issues with the mods. Vortex was then closed. I noticed since then, my laptop's fans were constantly running loudly when they normally wouldn't. I checked my task manager to find that Vortex, despite being closed, is currently using between 17% and 19.8% CPU, and the power usage is listed as Very high. My next highest tasks are only using like 0.7% CPU at the moment. Vortex version 1.5.11. Screenshot of task manager is attached. Vortex is CLOSED and not in use. Not in the task bar at all. Why is this happening?

Guest deleted34304850

its probably performing some background tasks - checking nexusmods for certain things like new mods that may have been made available, or news updates and such.

you don't need vortex active if you're not using it. if the cpu consumption bothers you, simply close the application.

its probably performing some background tasks - checking nexusmods for certain things like new mods that may have been made available, or news updates and such.

you don't need vortex active if you're not using it. if the cpu consumption bothers you, simply close the application.

if that were true, this would be a normal occurrence after using it. it is not. and if it were running background tasks like that, it would show the icon on the task bar as an active programme as all other active programmes do when not open but still running. it does not.

Guest deleted34304850

are you sure that it didn't crash on you and you have a zombie process just sitting there consuming resources?

try and force it out of your system, or reboot and see what occurs?

are you sure that it didn't crash on you and you have a zombie process just sitting there consuming resources?

it did not crash, I closed it.

I ended the process and restarted before posting and it is gone, however it is still an issue that occurred when it shouldn't and so needs reporting. it could be a potential bug and reports help build awareness.

if you don't actually know, I ask that you please do not comment as I am trying to report to staff or mods. thanks!

The cpu usage is a running average over the last few seconds.

Vortex should not be causing this kind of cpu usage if it's actually idle, for me it sits at below 0.01%

But there are things that will continue running independent of whether it's in the foreground or not, e.g. if the loot sorting for the plugins screen is active, it will run until finished or if you just finished (a) large download(s) and Vortex is calculating the checksums for those, that happens independent of whether Vortex is in the foreground.

Guest deleted34304850

it did not crash, I closed it.

I ended the process and restarted before posting and it is gone, however it is still an issue that occurred when it shouldn't and so needs reporting. it could be a potential bug and reports help build awareness.

if you don't actually know, I ask that you please do not comment as I am trying to report to staff or mods. thanks!

I don't think there's any call for that response. that is not how forums work.

my reply to you was on point and polite. if you can't reciprocate that then its best you say nothing?

also - its not a "bug". you obviously closed it but that does not mean the program completely shuts down. hence me suggesting - not unreasonably that it may be in a zombie state and a reboot would resolve it.