Starfield delayed like Cyberpunk 2077

Johnny7788

Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed 2 times, then aked for pre order money from customers and then after getting that money, turned around and said those same customers were to blame it came out "rushed" after 8 years of developement, and also told more lies and insults about their own customers.

Cyberpunk 2077 a very sadistic game with a sad ending from what i can tell.

Cyberpunk 2077 that ends like Rockstars Reddeadredemption with the player character being killed off in the end if i understand correctly.

I really hope this doesnt happen to Starfield. I hope the 5 time game of the year award winners, makers of the new Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games, have not been beat up to badly by what ever forces are ruining the industry.

What made me make this topic? Clownfield LOL, a game on steam that seems to say something about whats happening to the industry. It made me laugh and i added it to wishlist just for fun to. :)

So, a post about Starfield, with spoilers for Cyberpunk 2077, posted in a Fallout forum?

And you think the game companies are messed up?

A Star Citizen customer i see. Star Citizen supposed to be done in 2014 and is still not even in alpha 2022. Star Citizen being made for 11 years and over 340,000,000.00 dollars from customers and using Crytek engine, but Amazon and Crytek went to court that version of the Crytek engine is now called Lumberyard and is now owned by Amazon, if i understand correctly,

Well i wont take anything seriously a Star Citizen customer has to say about anything, but thank you for the reply.

I am sorry the Amazon stock is down so strongly at this moment. maybe it will go up again. Sorry Amazon wants to ban peoples shopping bags to make shopping in stores, on ones own feet, more difficult. Beautiful shopping bags that shows the difference between trolls and shoppers and can be reused and recycled and are FAR less wasteful than ordering anything from Amazon. Also sorry Amazon has already launched a few games then took money from customers, then shut down those games, one being a battle royal and forget the others.

I am also sorry Amazon made the total fail New World which is so cringe it makes me physically ill. Lost Ark is cringe to.

But most of all i am sorry that Star Citizen purged the cat people aliens from that game. Who doesnt like cat people aliens, other than Star Citizen of course.

Also its to bad such a name for a video game like Star Citizen is getting treated so badly to.

Edited by Johnny7788

Before anyone else replies think about this. For thousands of years all cultures have loved fantasy, elves, dragons, fairies, treants, unicorns, cat and dog fiction in ancient Egypt, Chinese dragons etc. The newest games have been purging fantasy from fantasy games and aliens from sci-fi games, all across the industry.

The false promises and taking pre order money then turning on the very customers that gave them that money, the bait and switch, promising one game and then delivering a broken version of entirely different game like Cyberpunk 2077 and Bannerlord and others have done, is just a fraction of what is being done to the video game industry AND its customers.

There is more to.

Edited by Johnny7788

Before anyone else replies think about this. For thousands of years all cultures have loved fantasy, elves, dragons, fairies, treants, unicorns, cat and dog fiction in ancient Egypt, Chinese dragons etc. The newest games have been purging fantasy from fantasy games and aliens from sci-fi games, all across the industry.

The false promises and taking pre order money then turning on the very customers that gave them that money, the bait and switch, promising one game and then delivering a broken version of entirely different game like Cyberpunk 2077 and Bannerlord and others have done, is just a fraction of what is being done to the video game industry AND its customers.

There is more to.

The gaming industry has long, long, long ago left the "storytelling" part of gaming.

In fact, that aspect is what drove sales in the single player era - i.e. "what is the next story in the franchise".....

Today? It's all about how to squeeze every penny out of your pocket - with as little effort as possible.

I really dont want to point fingers at Amazon to much because there are some good things about Twitch for example, and good there are more options for shopping, unless of course it works in a negative way on shopping, But anyway i really do not want to get negative just pointing out some facts about what is happening to the video game industry as best as i can.

Anyway, with Amazon making the Fallout tv show, they are in fact mixed up with Fallout 4 in a way, and mixed up in the entire scene with Starfield in at least some way. Then there is Microsoft which no one is saying could be to blame for the delay.

As with the previous replies pointing out things that everyone knows but no one is saying, and then looking at what happened with The Last of Us 2 and so many other games, worrying about how bad Starfield and Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls VI will be is legit. I never played The Last of Us but i watched a playthrough and it is excellent, highly recommended to watch a playthrough of the first game if bored, then the second game completely destroying it...

Trying to fit alot of info and hopes and worries into as few words as possible. :smile:

Also i am hopeful and have even considered the possibility that Starfield will come out in early access on Steam even. :smile: that would be epic. I really hope its a great game.

Edited by Johnny7788

Lol. I long ago wrote off Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout 5 and even Dragon Age 4.

Of the 3, the only one that might peak my curiosity is Dragon Age 4 - because unlike the other two their problem is they were too ambitious with releases (2009, 2011 and 2014) and changed too much between them - when you factor in DLC's for each of those - it was like a machine gun release cycle.

Supposedly, they are returning to their roots - but like anything that remains to be seen.

Added: As for the "space" games, that was never my cup of tea.

Edited by fraquar

• 3 weeks later...