Darker Altmer Skin

Doeetfgt

I don't really know how the skin textures for the different races work, so I don't know if this is even possible, but I'd like the skin color of altmers to be darker/less saturated, like in Skyrim.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9614/0f5j.jpg

I can edit textures by myself, so if anyone knows where and how I can edit this, I think I could manage it (If that so, I would also desaturate the skin of some other races, like the orcs and the dunmer). Would that be possible?

The hard part of this request is getting it to look the way that YOU like it, and no matter how many screenshots a modder uploads, you'll never get to see how it looks in all lighting conditions. The good news is that the mechanics of your request is very, very easy to do - so easy in fact that I recommend that you try changing it yourself. :smile:

Start by installing and running the Construction Set..

Once it has loaded, go to File > Data... and then double-click on Oblivion.esm to select it and then click OK. This will load all the vanilla data into the CS. (Do not click "Set as Active File!)

From there, it's simply a case of going to Character > Race and then moving the sliders to whatever you want. The skin tones are located in FaceGenData > Control Type - Texture. You'll need to scroll down to see the Skin Shade and Tint. There's no need to edit textures since all races use the same one, and it's the sliders that impart the specific skin colour.

Once you've made some edits, save it as an esp and you've just created your first mod. :smile:

Later, when you want to edit it some more, instead of double-clicking Oblivion.esm, set your new mod as "Active File" instead, and you'll continue to add more changes to your mod.

• 2 weeks later...