How to seperate pieces of clothing

OnHolyServiceBound

Hey there, anyone have a tutorial on how to separate/remove individual pieces of armor/clothing? To be specific I want the hoodie from this outfit: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120111145907/fallout/images/thumb/e/e4/Wasteland_wanderer_outfit.png/600px-Wasteland_wanderer_outfit.png (Female version, for type3). If a mod already exists, (Or a similar mod that adds a standalone hoodie )please direct me to it. I have little experience as a modder/modeler :X, so if you think it isn't a process easily done by a novice: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1144100-standalone-hoodie-mod/ but otherwise I'd like to learn the process of separating items and making them compatible with w/e body mod.

Unfortunately probably not. I'd have to look to be absolutely sure, but 90%+ of the time it's all one model. The only way you can practically separate the hoody from the rest is via blender or 3ds max.

Then once you'v removed everything except the hoodie (and possibly the arms) you can save that model. However that's really just the first step. If you want to add the hoodie to a different model you'll have to edit each model and body type your adding it too. If it was a large bulky coat, you might be able to just add it as a piece of armor and be done with it, because it's unlikely to clip. With a tighter fitting outfit like the hoodie you have to remove the top part of each model you want to change and add the hoodie (don't forget to add the shader fx for skin or skin tones won't match). If you don't the model underneath will most likely "clip" through the hoodie.

So all in all, I wouldn't suggest it as your first project in blender.

I took a look at your request link and if you'd like I can make an outfit or two with the hoodie for you. Let me know the specifics of what you want to use.