Mass Effect 3 Legendary Edition - Light issues

BloodyCorrey

Hello all,

since this community here is far more capable than the EA forum, I ask here once :)

I have strange light calculation errors and strange "windows" appear next to the lighting elements (See pictures here).

Either "windows" are formed next to the lighting element or the lighting element is strongly shifted (e.g. EDI lighting almost on the nose).

I have tried everything: reinstalled the game, repaired Steam, different graphics settings, new and different video card drivers and even reinstalled Windows 10!

I learned in an EA forum that many have the same problem and have managed to remove the windows by disabling the "Depth of Fields".
Unfortunately this removes the windows as well as the depth of field and some other elements. After that the whole game doesn't look so nice, so no solution ....

Maybe someone here knows further with a mod or similar, because this really annoys me insanely.

Thank you.

Hello all,

since this community here is far more capable than the EA forum, I ask here once :smile:

I have strange light calculation errors and strange "windows" appear next to the lighting elements (See pictures here).

Either "windows" are formed next to the lighting element or the lighting element is strongly shifted (e.g. EDI lighting almost on the nose).

I have tried everything: reinstalled the game, repaired Steam, different graphics settings, new and different video card drivers and even reinstalled Windows 10!

I learned in an EA forum that many have the same problem and have managed to remove the windows by disabling the "Depth of Fields".

Unfortunately this removes the windows as well as the depth of field and some other elements. After that the whole game doesn't look so nice, so no solution ....

Maybe someone here knows further with a mod or similar, because this really annoys me insanely.

Thank you.

Here is the solution:

After many hours of testing, I have now found the culprit.

The Nvidia graphics card setting : Antialiasing - Transparency

No matter which setting you take (except the first one, I think Simple) probably causes conflicts in Unreal Engine 3 and these ugly shifts of the light effects follow ....

After switching off in the Nvidia driver I can hopefully finally enjoy the game.