Mesh invisible in CSE

I'm trying to figure out a workflow for exporting clothing and armor using the current version of blender and niftools so i threw together a quick outfit and rigged it badly using the vanilla skeleton, it shows up just fine on nifskope but if i try to put it on an npc in construction set it just........ removes the underwear

I'm not sure where to begin fixing this, the folder setup should be right, and robes don't have iron-clad naming conventions like armor and regular clothing do so I was wondering if there was some technical stuff i'm missing? the link below has all of the files including the esp and blend file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dq8tUErjOQt8T-hatwm8H2L8dfu9QEQE?usp=sharing

I am not an armor nor cloth expert but I will take a peek at it later. I just woke up, so I am very tired and dizzy, drinking coffee.

The best is to follow the structure of Bethesdas stuff, try to find a suitable armor mesh and compare it with yours in Nifskope. I bet you already did that. The underwear? Is it separate or part of any mesh? If it is stand alone, you cannot use that slot again in CS or CSE. If I am correct, robes takes up a number of slots. So your robe most likely remove the underwear right? Well i babble. I DL the file and peek at it later. If somone else do it faster than me, fine. It does not matter who peeks at it. Before I do it, I will peek at this thread again to see if anyone else peeks at it.

Do not expect miracles. I am a newbie to armor but when it comes to Static objects and weapons, I am a god, well I have full control. Been making them in Blender sinse 2005. I want to learn more about wearable stuff, no doubt. This is an oportunity to learn something for me as well. Maybe I will find out what is wrong? I might also fail completely. We do not know.

I need another coffee now...

Before I go, in case you do not already know. You can have unlimited of Nifskope windows open at the same time. RAM is the limit or whatever. Click [Ctrl-N] in your Nifskope window and another pops up. Load your mesh in it and a Bethesda mesh in the other. If the armor or clothes do act weird in game, use a bethesda original mesh and rig, remove the NitriStrips or NiTriShapes with Remove Branch. Copy your NitriShapes or NiTriStrips with Copy Branch and go to the suitable NiNode in the bethesda mesh and Paste Branch or click [Ctrl-V]. This is how I make weapons. I use Nif exporter 2.60 and it cannot handle collisions properly. It import meshes properly. Maybe the devs sorted out the import issue in newer importers? I did add a bug report to them.

Another work around is: Have 2 different importers and exporters installed in Blender.

• Use 2.60 to import the meshes
  • Use the latest for exporting

Just a tip from the brink... I need a coffee now... :wink:

Edited by Pellape

Transparent clothing parts are usually the result of missing/corrupted normal map. In your case you need to re-save your textures with mipmaps to get the clothes to appear.

Some other issues I noticed as well, maybe you already know about some of them:

1. You rigged the clothes to some auxiliary nodes in the skeleton, like Quiver and SideWeapon

2. When exporting clothes/armor from Blender, use "Flatten Skin" option

3. UV layout doesn't seem to match up with the texture at all

Another old cool and updated tool for saving DDS files is DXTBMP. We can change compression version with it and edit the alpha easy, adding darker or lighter Alpha from Gray scaled BMP files. i think i started to use this tool around 2005 and still use it up to DXT5 files.

sorry for the delayed reply but i think i'm gonna start off by splitting the mesh and assigning vertex groups and probs re-saving the textures and see if that does anything? if it still breaks i might try copying over the nitrishapes, i'll get back to this thread in a bit!

I want to make a statement as someone broke their meshes and yelled at me at a PM about it and we should never forget this:

Niftools have worked on their free time with scripts for Blender and other stuff for many years. Making scripts that export all versions of the net Immerse engine does not always work properly. I do not know what they are focusing at but let me inform you all, it is not Oblivion nor version 20.0.0.5 they are focusing at for sure and I bet they will never even look at v20.0.0.4 as who want to use that version? Nifskope works perfect as far as I know. The Blender exporter have worked for some older Blender. The new scripts are a bit of a mess and not a single one I have tried has worked perfect in both ways, Importing and Exporting Oblivion Meshes.

• I will not tell anyone to wash their hands before dinner as that is common practise
  • I will not tell anyone to was their hands after visiting the bathroom
  • I will not write in every message and tips I give that you should make a backup first

All these 3 steps are common practise. Take Niftools Blender scripts as they are. Do find your own workaround to make working meshes with Blender and the Niftools exporter. We should all just be happy that some stuff do work at all really. I have never failed exporting my stuff as i export pure visual meshes and import them into Nifskope, copying them to a mash that only has collisions.

When it comes to armour, I make stuff together with SunlitEarth as otherwise I would not succeeded at all. I am surprised we got stuff working together really. Armour is messy. I am just happy I managed to make Stalhrim Arrows by my self with Blender and Nifskope combined.

And again: I made bug reports to Niftools that they deleted.

Edited by Pellape