More extensive/thorough, per-basis site support

Staglianetti

Perhaps with attached support tickets, too? I feel like a lot is being overlooked with how Support deal with individual issues. I lost access to my account which I opened years ago. I then kindly and respectfully explained the situation and it seemed as if I was refused to be given help the entire time. Each reply was basically "no". There was no initiative put into trying alternative methods to help recover my account and provide ownership. I know this isn't a service like PlayStation Network or Steam, or something to that equivalent. But even then I was able to provide someone with the serial number to the console I last sign in to and recovered my PlayStation account when I lost access in this same scenario. Why can't there be any alternative methods or more proactiveness involved with helping users on Nexusmods? I can provide a piece of ID which matches up with my account information, for example.

Mainly because it is hard to verify that someone is who they say they are. Do you remember the email address you used to set up the previous account? Any other pertinent information that isn't publicly available via your profile? The site has legal concerns, and has to be 100% sure that they aren't handing someones account to the wrong person. Given the limited amount of info required to set up an account, if you don't have access to the original email address used to set it up, there really isn't any real way to be sure.

Guest deleted34304850

Perhaps with attached support tickets, too? I feel like a lot is being overlooked with how Support deal with individual issues. I lost access to my account which I opened years ago. I then kindly and respectfully explained the situation and it seemed as if I was refused to be given help the entire time. Each reply was basically "no". There was no initiative put into trying alternative methods to help recover my account and provide ownership. I know this isn't a service like PlayStation Network or Steam, or something to that equivalent. But even then I was able to provide someone with the serial number to the console I last sign in to and recovered my PlayStation account when I lost access in this same scenario. Why can't there be any alternative methods or more proactiveness involved with helping users on Nexusmods? I can provide a piece of ID which matches up with my account information, for example.

yeah, no.

if you practiced better information maintenance you wouldn't be faced with the situation you're in.

nexusmods stance is 100% correct and if they deviated from that in any way, it would entirely compromise them. you look after your data - dono't rely on someone else to bale you out.

We provide the option for users to enter a mobile phone number which can be used for account recovery for this very scenario (where the user has lost access to their email address). Unfortunately, if you do not make use of that feature then you are out of luck and our hands are tied by the myriad different privacy laws that are prevalent the world over today.

If you're reading this and care about your Nexus Mods account I highly recommend you head to your account settings and do it now. This is the only way we can confirm your identity and give you back your account if you lose access to the email address attached to your account, unless you are a Premium Member and can confirm your identity by providing your invoice.

Mainly because it is hard to verify that someone is who they say they are. Do you remember the email address you used to set up the previous account? Any other pertinent information that isn't publicly available via your profile? The site has legal concerns, and has to be 100% sure that they aren't handing someones account to the wrong person. Given the limited amount of info required to set up an account, if you don't have access to the original email address used to set it up, there really isn't any real way to be sure.

As others have said, unlike other sites we store a minimal amount of information that can be used to identify you. All valid recovery options are here: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/108-account-recovery

If none of those options apply to you, I'm afraid you're simply out of luck.

We provide the option for users to enter a mobile phone number which can be used for account recovery for this very scenario (where the user has lost access to their email address). Unfortunately, if you do not make use of that feature then you are out of luck and our hands are tied by the myriad different privacy laws that are prevalent the world over today.

If you're reading this and care about your Nexus Mods account I highly recommend you head to your account settings and do it now. This is the only way we can confirm your identity and give you back your account if you lose access to the email address attached to your account, unless you are a Premium Member and can confirm your identity by providing your invoice.

Well, I didn't think this is the appropriate place for this, but the specificity of the situation is imperative here, and the details really do matter. Since you mentioned if I remember my email... Well. That's what it's all about. The email. Which I use, Every day. Only there's a catch. I implored, and patiently explained all of this to support and it really seems as if they didn't even bother reading any of the Microsoft links I gave them detailing this Microsoft Outlook feature. That is what's basically going on. You create one Microsoft account. From that account, you can create aliases to be reached as an alternative to the exact same account; same inbox. I still have countless Nexusmods emails in my inbox just sitting there, and that's part of what makes this whole thing really frustrating. PMs from other users, etc. I forwarded those emails to support in hopes they would see I have all of those emails. What happened was I didn't use my primary Microsoft Outlook alias for Nexusmods and used some kiddish name to be reached at for Nexusmods. I was sick of the name I had made for myself when I was 13 and promptly deleted the said kiddish alias. So now, any emails sent to that alias cannot go through. But as I've said, it's the same inbox. I've spoken with Microsoft extensively about whether they plan on reinstating old aliases, or at the very least making the aliases reachable. For now, that's not happening. But my old alias is - or was - part of that one and same, singular Microsoft account. Going to the same inbox I still use every single day. It was deleted, so now all emails directed to that alternate Outlook alias just go into the void, never to be seen. If it were working, though; they would simply come into the inbox I use because it's still tethered to a Microsoft account; as i've explained. My Microsoft account, that I use every day. Along with its email inbox.

As far as any way I can prove account ownership, it sounds desperate admittedly, but it's a highly unique username I use across all accounts, that no one uses. It's me. Everywhere. Reddit, Steam, GOG, etc, etc, etc. I believe I also had SOME personal information? My name and birth date. My IRL IDs of course would have that. Sounds a little nuts for this scenario. But if someone's willing to listen, i'm willing to provide the information. If it wasn't apparent, I really would like my Nexusmods account back. I also have plenty of Nexusmods emails still in my inbox.

This conversation really needs to be continued in the email chain you started with our support inbox if you want to explore it further. However, we don't dismiss these requests, we take a look at each one and if there's nothing we can use, we'll tell you that in a response. It sucks to be in that situation, but we can't just give people access to accounts that might not be theirs because they really, really want it.

This conversation really needs to be continued in the email chain you started with our support inbox if you want to explore it further. However, we don't dismiss these requests, we take a look at each one and if there's nothing we can use, we'll tell you that in a response. It sucks to be in that situation, but we can't just give people access to accounts that might not be theirs because they really, really want it.

I really, really appreciate the patience you're showing, but I tried that a year ago and was equally as patient with support. They didn't seem to care about any further proof I gave them. I forwarded PM emails from other Nexusmods users which are still in my inbox. If support is willing to hear me out, I have an exorbitant amount of patience and time to help recover my account. I just don't know what to do next? Also, I forgot to add, the only reason this ever happened is Nexusmods decides it requires a verification email to be sent after you don't sign in for some time. In between my Outlook alias deletion and the time in which this occurred, I simply hadn't signed in for the allotted period of time it takes for the verification to become necessary. I've been using my Nexus account even after the point when I deleted my Outlook alias. I just went through a period where I didn't sign in. Now I require a verification for an email address that doesn't get any emails. That's the issue.

Anyway, the conversation I had with support was July of last year regarding this situation. If there's anything different I may have to specifically do to re-initiate this conversation and take to the problem again, i'll gladly do so. For now, i'm unsure of how to proceed.

EDIT: :laugh: I actually have emails from my BANK to the old alias, because I remember I did use it. I've said this before. It really is a matter of how support handle it. If said email being associated with my BANK ACCOUNT isn't good enough? Then I don't know what is.

Edited by Staglianetti