How to get rid of annoying 'Get More Mods' button?

mdk5150

Guest deleted34304850

If you feel like there should be an option to remove the button entirely you're welcome to create a pull request to the theme-snippets repo: https://github.com/TanninOne/vortex-theme-snippets

My hope was to collect common customizations in that repo so users unfamiliar with css can use them too.

honestly, i think this is a great idea and i'm all for it. you are making it much easier/simpler to customise the program.

do you foresee a time where more complex customisations - almost like cut/pasting chunks of one or more themes together may be made available by this method?

obviously this isn't where your main focus is, but as a customisation option, i think it's very clever and useful.

It kind of already works like that. What theme-snippets does is it creates a "snippets.scss" file in your current theme that contains just the snippets you have enabled. Then it "patches" your style.scss file to import that snippets file.

But you can of course copy & paste those snippets to your own file and then adjust them as much as you want.

The snippets can also have arbitrary complexity. The more complex the more likely two snippets will not play well together but that doesn't have to be a show-stopper.

If the interest to contribute to the snippets (so far it has been 0) we may at some point have to group them to keep things maintainable but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

That is working as intended. The css I have in theme-snippets makes it so the button isn't stickied at the bottom of the screen all the time, it still shows at the very end of the list of mods as it did prior to 1.5.

Thank you for the theme snippet, and thank you for explaining how the replacement feature works. Obviously I missed this explanation when I first installed the snippet. Also, I had completely forgotten that the "Get more mods" button was always at the end of the mods page in versions prior to Vortex 1.5.

Personally, I never had any objections to the button showing at the end of the mods page. I just didn't like it permanently stickied to the rest of the page, as happened when Vortex 1.5 appeared. Once again, thank you for providing a solution.

Tannin, thank you. A number of us missed the part about how "it was intended to work".

It especially bothered me that Augusta and I seemed to have different results on the same build.

Current implementation is fine. Me not imagining things is even better.