Skyrim Immersive Corpses

Zzimith

The other day, I came across three dead bodies on the roadside of Skyrim. I investigated the scene briefly but couldn't find out exactly what killed the poor sods. It was probably a random spawn of bandits who killed a random npc spawn and I found the remains of it. It then stuck med how peaceful the scene was: no blood, the bodies in perfect shape and thought it a shame. In real life, I imagine these corpses lying around for maybe some time in a ditch would look a lot more intimidating and disturbing than was the case. Have you ever seen dead bodies left where they lie in real life? I for one sure have not, but I have seen authentic war footage. Generally, it's a slightly disturbing experience! I'd love to see at least some degree of it in Skyrim too!

I can think of basically three forms of dead bodies in the game: skeletons, draugr and well... dead bodies that looks like they fell asleep on the spot. I'm not sure how to go about this really, but I'd like to see two things:

• Twisted bodies - bodies who looks like they actually dies a violent death: gruesome wounds, twisted limbs and hideous grins.
  • Decomposition - various degrees of decomposition. I can imagine a few features here: discoloration of skin, plucked out eyes, rotting skin, missing pieces of flesh, swollen flesh etc

I hope the result of this morbid mod would be a game experience that' creepier and realistic in a dark and scary way. Violent death shouldn't be pretty after all!

To my knowledge, this mod doesn't exist.

• 3 weeks later...

There are already several characters in the vanilla game that talk about families being brutally killed, but decomposition and twisted bodies would be near impossible. There would have to be node edits in place to even think about swollen flesh. The wounds would be hard to make, but maybe something like the undead fx mod tweaked a bit? Decomposition would also be hard... unless you want the decayed bodies to be like the vanilla "charred corpses" which are not unique from corpse to corpse in any way. That one person by the name of sapphire I believe, in riften, spoke of her family being murdered, then she herself getting raped.... stripped bodies of the dead would be immersive... but judging by the topic you made in september, would not fly with you at all. It's all a question of how much compromise you are actually willing to make. It is a modelling AND node editing problem IMO, but I have heard rumors of a ingame fullbody node editor in development... so it may be close. But making each corpse unique like a dead npc in both appearance and wounds would be a daunting task. I mean... I would want a collectable decapitated head mod.... but it is too hard to make.