AE upgrade and Vortex mods

c300g97

Hi there, i am running a modded version of Skyrim SE with 100+ mods installed through Vortex, but a friend has gifted me the AE upgrade pass on steam, now i see all of the content available for download, but doing so will brake everything my Vortex install has done?

Shortest answer: If your version of SE is not 1.6+ (pre-AE, mine is 1.597), your LO will change, and any SKSE dependent mods will probably break - you should start a new game. If you are just moving from the base SE v. 1.6+ to the added CC package, your LO will change, and a few patches may be necessary to make your current mods play nice w/the CC (you should start a new game). SKSE dependent mods can be checked for compatibility on SKSE Plugin Status (https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins) . Some of the SKSE mods will not be updated, but a few have replacements. BTW, there is a "Follow This Topic" button in the top right corner that will start notifications of any replies to the marked topic, just in case you missed it.

Shortest answer: If your version of SE is not 1.6+ (pre-AE, mine is 1.597), your LO will change, and any SKSE dependent mods will probably break - you should start a new game. If you are just moving from the base SE v. 1.6+ to the added CC package, your LO will change, and a few patches may be necessary to make your current mods play nice w/the CC (you should start a new game). SKSE dependent mods can be checked for compatibility on SKSE Plugin Status (https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins) . Some of the SKSE mods will not be updated, but a few have replacements. BTW, there is a "Follow This Topic" button in the top right corner that will start notifications of any replies to the marked topic, just in case you missed it.

Thanks, i will follow the topic, and yes my install has the latest .exe , always had really so i had it modded for AE since the beginning.

My load order will change , and some mods like SMIM and USSEP might require a patch, i have to look into that more