I/O Error, Disk access failed repeatedly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

turtlekid2003

turtlekid2003

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

This is my first forum post ever, so forgive me for any errors.

About a day ago I opened Vortex and this I/O error showed up.

Attached File  Hate.png   6.62KB   11 downloads

I have searched everywhere I could not find a solution, everything about my hard drive is fine, Vortex is the only thing that is showing any sort of error related to this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,313 posts

The error only comes up if there is a fault with your drive, or something is causing Windows to tell Vortex there is a problem. If the drive truly is fine, it's likely to be a low quality security app causing the error. 

turtlekid2003

turtlekid2003

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Would Windows Defender cause the problem? I've used it for quite a while and no problems have come from it previously.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Defender won't cause that.

What drive is this happening on? What type of drive? Any other problems with it?

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,313 posts

Yeah it's not likely to be Defender. It could be a hardware or driver issue too. It's something that's very hard to troubleshoot. 

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

you can download software that can diagnose hard disks and give you data that is sometimes hard to find.

i would not ignore it. an i/o error on a disk device is seldom software - you need to pay attention to it - get the data off it and ensure its backed up so that if the disk dies you don't lose anything.

turtlekid2003

turtlekid2003

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

For some odd reason moving my computer from one room to another fixed it, however a lot of my mods are now missing.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Edited by turtlekid2003, 22 May 2022 - 07:42 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.935 seconds