most NPCs don't take damage

Z3roShado3

After installing 90% of the mods on this list https://reedmann.com/aaron/games/fallout4/info/modlist.htm everything has been running smoothly until I got into a fight with Wolfgang and Simone outside the Drumlin Diner and noticed myself, my two companions and other NPCs could not damage them. Only Patrick could be hurt and killed, Trudy was also immortal. along with wandering traders.

I loaded an old save from right at the start of the game (just about to meet the dog at red rocket) and the issue is still present. I'm guessing its one of these mods

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!

Heyas Z3ro.

Ok, so first off, I do gotta say, I don't really recommend installing mod lists. At least, not without due diligence, and without testing the mods on your machine first.

What I mean there, is that if you're gonna try something like that, research the mods in the list for incompatibilities. And, only add a couple at a time, play test them on a test save game, not your games that you're actively playing on, and then rinse and repeat.

I also noticed that whoever put that list together has two major engine level (.dll file) mods listed that do close to the same thing, which is highly risky. Which is buffout, and baka scrapheap.

I didn't go thru the whole list, it's too long. But I got about halfway through it and didn't see anything that by itself might be the problem. What is most likely happening is that something either changed the health values (HP) for the vendors, or gave them an insane health regen rate. There's no such thing as immortal NPCs. Even when set to be non-killable, they will still take damage.

Or something borked up their scripts, and they're no longer being fully registered in combat, not taking damage, which is far and away outside what the game is supposed to do with any NPC.

That "something" is most likely a mod conflict. Two or more mods that aren't playing well together, as they most likely address the same files, or have scripts that are not compatible with each other. Again, another reason I don't recommend using mod lists, as not all authors of those lists, know what they're doing. NOT that I'm saying that about THIS list author. I have no idea who they are, how long they've played, or what their level of expertise is.

When you loaded the old save, was this still on the same character? If yes, then try it on a different, new character. Some problems can bleed over into other saves in a character's save trees. Even after the cause of the problem has been removed and/or fixed.

I always wonder why people think they need a gazillion mods.

Once your get the Game Engine Fixes, UI and essential frameworks sorted - you really don't need much to begin with.

Added: Did you read the descriptions on these or just download/install them:

Vendors Merchants Traders and Cats (Unkillable)

This thing has 3 .ESP's - which one did you install?

Seems like this mod intends to do what you don't want it to do.......

Edited by fraquar