Skin Mods not changing the face.

Taithan

I'm trying a new tactic, I've done another clean install, no mods yet, and looking at the female face, it looks but the vanilla female face just looks like the face from Leyenda Skin, despite not having any mods installed. I also installed SKSE again, the Anniversary Edition version 2.1.5, and again, no issues.

I installed RaceMenu and ran it, looks good... Installed Leyenda Skin and ran it with RaceMenu, looks good and yeah, it looks like running it purely vanilla uses the face textures/details/whatever you wanna call it of Leyenda skin, despite it being a completely fresh install, which is weird. Then added in Legacy UUNP, and no changes.

But when I installed the Unofficial Patch, bam, back to not working. Though I noticed it broke on a new game, I loaded a previous new game save and it looked like it was still working, unfortunately I didn't think to save so I can't replicate it.

But the wholly vanilla game using the Leyenda Face Texture is strange, I may have tried shuffling around the face textures and may have screwed with the game files seeing if that could fix it (evidently it didn't), maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe I should try a clean install again, then delete wherever the face textures are and then Verify Integrity on steam and reacquire the files?

Edited by Taithan

Remnants of previously installed mods can cause issues indeed.

Since you're about to start over anyway, I'd delete the whole Skyrim SE folder (just to be sure there is absolutely nothing left, that shouldn't be there) and the redownload Skyrim from Steam. This way you'll get a really "clean" Vanilla game.

Well that's the strangest part, I did delete the whole SE folder, and the face texture looked like the one from the mod. I just tried it again, and yeah, weirdly enough it uses the face texture of the mod!