My Mod was Quarantined/Suspicious Files?

Hello, I'm a bit in a panic right now, cause I have General Anxiety Disorder and this triggered it really bady.

My .7z to the Mod "The Stolen Sweetrolls" was quarantined, saying it has a suspicious file, but when I click the red cross and look at the VirusTotal Report it says sth like of 57 Antivirus programs Zero detected a Virus. So what is wrong? Do I have a Virus I don't know about that somehow got into my .7z?

I uploaded a new one that is said to be fine now, but it said that the first time I uploaded the file, too only to quarantine it 8 hours or so later :sad: even though the VirusTotal scan still says no virus detected.

I'm close to tears here, I already contacted support, but if this is quicker, please help me with a response.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Guest

Hang in there. I think it needs to be reviewed by Nexus staff. Since it is Sunday, I would expect it to be cleared tomorrow.

Thank you, I hope it will be fine... I'm nearly sure it is ... but my anxiety makes me worry, that perhaps Nexusmods has found a virus or a security issue with my file even though all scans on Virustotal say there is no virus. It's just putting me on the edge. And yeah, of course sth like that happens on a weekend :/

thank you very much for your kind words :)

It's pretty important to provide a link when asking about a specific mod page.

I see the file I think you're referring to and it was blocked because the 7z used unusual encoding, meaning our scanner couldn't generate a preview for it.

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/117-why-has-my-mod-been-quarantined

Thank you for your response and help. I didn't know I had packed it differently than normal, I changed a few settings but that was for pictures I wanted to send to friends and I was trying to see how I could get the 7zip smaller. I thought it would have resetted when I used the program again, but apparently it had not. I don't even know how I turned it back now... but seems that it works now...

so thank you very much for your response and I will remember the link next time (but I hope their won't be a next time) :smile:

Edited by Guest