Statement and also tips for the oblivion 3D modder.

I wrote this at a reply just now in one of the threads here but it should be in its own thread as well. Take it as for what it is, a statement and also my best tips. Backup your stuff.

-------------------------------------------------

I want to make a statement as someone broke their meshes and yelled at me at a PM about it and we should never forget this:

Niftools have worked on their free time with scripts for Blender and other stuff for many years. Making scripts that export all versions of the net Immerse engine does not always work properly. I do not know what they are focusing at but let me inform you all, it is not Oblivion nor version 20.0.0.5 they are focusing at for sure and I bet they will never even look at v20.0.0.4 as who want to use that version? Nifskope works perfect as far as I know. The Blender exporter have worked for some older Blender. The new scripts are a bit of a mess and not a single one I have tried has worked perfect in both ways, Importing and Exporting Oblivion Meshes.

• I will not tell anyone to wash their hands before dinner as that is common practise
  • I will not tell anyone to was their hands after visiting the bathroom
  • I will not write in every message and tips I give that you should make a backup first

All these 3 steps are common practise. Take Niftools Blender scripts as they are. Do find your own workaround to make working meshes with Blender and the Niftools exporter. We should all just be happy that some stuff do work at all really. I have never failed exporting my stuff as i export pure visual meshes and import them into Nifskope, copying them to a mash that only has collisions.

When it comes to armour, I make stuff together with SunlitEarth as otherwise I would not succeeded at all. I am surprised we got stuff working together really. Armour is messy. I am just happy I managed to make Stalhrim Arrows by my self with Blender and Nifskope combined.

And again: I made bug reports to Niftools that they deleted.

Edited by Pellape

Modding is about failures, successes, exploring, learning new stuff, fail again and try to do something about it. It is messy, yes that is what it is, a bloody mess... ;)