FNV Sky Getting Too Bright When Looking Down

Amazonalpaca15

Hi all

This issue persists within vanilla FNV as does it with any other mod (TTW in my case, you can even check yourself). Simply put, when I look up, the sky looks normal. However, when I look down, the sky turns almost completely white and extremely bright. No mods fix this issue and nobody else seems to have talked about it. The only solution from my testing is using some sort of weather mod (DNW, for example). Thing is, I don't care about weather mods. The vanilla weathers don't bug me and I don't think that installing an entire weather mod is a solution to fixing this problem. I am wondering if there is some obscure mod or tweak that can fix it. Maybe an idea of how to fix it myself (as in, making a mod?) Any leads would be very much appreciated.

Comparison: https://imgur.com/a/go0ed5c

Thank you.

Edited by Amazonalpaca15

This isn't a bug, it's how HDR works. (The full-screen post processing effect, not the contemporary monitor technology.)

It's slightly harder to notice, but when you're looking at the sky, the landscape is also getting darker.

The marketed idea of HDR is that it's simulating "what your pupils do in real life." It's more appropriate to say it's a way for relatively primitive lighting engines to better contrast between light and dark areas.

If you don't want to use a weather mod you could use the Imaginator to lower the brightness, it'll make it darker everywhere but it's the only way other than a weather mod to keep the lighting values down so they can be displayed properly.