Wear Clothing/Robes Underneath Armor

RicAdbur

I've been playing a battlemage character recently who focuses on heavy armor, two-handed swords, and conjuration. With his set of Nordic Carved armor and a mage's hood, he looks pretty cool, but I was just thinking how much more awesome he'd be if he could wear his Archmage's Robes under his armor so that just the hood showed through, and he could receive the benefits of both the robe and the armor simultaneously. A quick google search turned up only inquiries into wearing robes OVER armor, unfortunately.

I don't know anything about modding, but it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to make something like this happen, does it? I understand that the models for the robes often include 'tails' or other droopy or sticking out parts that would clip through the armor models, so is there a way to hide only the parts of the robes that are being covered by armor? Like, if you aren't wearing boots, perhaps the legging parts of the robes would be visible, and if you aren't wearing gauntlets, the sleeves of the robe might be visible, and without a helmet, the hood (if it has one built in) would show? But any time you put armor on a part of your body, the armor would supercede the robes in that location?

Thoughts?

Edited by RicAdbur