"Oblivion is not set up to work with NMM"? What do I do?

jarhead342

Every time I try to download using NMM i get a message that says "Nexus Mod Manager is not set up to work with Oblivion if Oblivion is installed, rescan for installed games from the Change Game toolbar item."

I've been a premium member of nexus for about 2 years now and never had this problem until now with my new computer, please help me I can't bring myself to play vanilla Oblivion, it's so empty. lol

Did you scan for new games? And accept if Oblivion is found? Click on the green check to accept if it found Oblivion - click on the red x for any games you don't have installed to cut the time it spends scanning down.

You guys have to realize the Oblivion mods were released when NMM did not exist. Sooner or later, you would run into missing meshes, missing textures etc etc. The reason is that OBMM or NMM do not restore the original files when you uninstall your mod. So i.e if you remove texture replacer using OBMM or NMM and start the game, you will notice bunch of missing textures icons. In order to avoid this you guys should learn to use Wrye Bash.

Use it pretty much for everything except for browsing BSAs or few specific mods that requires OMODs i.e Sensual Walks.

It's not as hard as it seems and you can always forgo with Python version and install the standalone version. There's an excellent beginners guide here at Nexus. This is from someone who stuck with OBMM until few years ago. NMM working fine with Skyrim is another story. NMM was created with Skyrim in mind. :laugh: