LotD woes

Elanthil01

So, I have been informed by a friend that in Legacy of the Dragonborn, Relic Hunter Guildmaster alternate start you CAN get into the dawnstar sanctuary without being in the dark brotherhood, but I have searched all over the internet, on three different search engines and cannot find any mention of how, other than using coc codes.

Is this a bug in LotD or do they intend to FORCE you to join the brotherhood just to advance THEIR storyline and get yet another annoying quest entry OUT of your journal?

Also, LotD seems to be slowing my system down, causing MUCH more disk access (I only have 16 gig of RAM and a 1 terabyte SSD), and causing stutter and lag, which go away when I uninstall the mods.

Another issue is, how many bloody patch mods is enough? I mean...cmon people...there are WAY too many different patch mods for this sucker, by different modders, and very little in the way of support from the authors of LotD themselves. I would dearly love to see the LotD creators put a list on their main page of currently needed patches that work with the CURRENT version, as a number of these mods are for older versions of LotD and either do not work, or outright cause problems when used with the current version.

Thanks.