CDPR Abandons Cyberpunk 2077, what's next

AutismArtist

HI everyone, I think that everyone knows the bad news. That CDPR has decide on moving on from/ abandoning Cyberpunk 2077. You can find the info on these videos here.

What I want to do is start a talk about how could people still support the game now since CDPR is now longer doing it.

Edited by AutismArtist

• 3 months later...

Okay, ASSUMING they did move onto the next game after the upcoming DLC (which will probably have other improvements), so what? They've basically fixed the game for the most part, so it's not like if they did move on it'd be in bad shape.

A studio can't provide constant support for a game indefinitely, it's not like this is some sort of online game like GTA Online that justifies continued updates because it also brings in a steady flow of cash, this is just an open world single player experience. CDPR needs to get the next release going so they can make money on a new release again. Hell, by the time the DLC comes out CP2077 will have gotten more post-release content updates than Red Dead Redemption 2 did.

What I want to do is start a talk about how could people still support the game now since CDPR is now longer doing it.

Not sure what that means, unless you're talking about mod support. Am I supposed to just stop playing the game because it doesn't get updates after a certain point? That'd be silly. And the same goes for mods, if people still enjoy making mods for the game after it's no longer being actively supported, who cares? Let people like what they like.

Edited by chigger254