Enchanting--Faster Leveling?

Gorgopis

Sure. You can just grant yourself full enchanting skills if you like, (for instance, afaik, The Manipulator offers such an MCM based cheat for skills) or you can ensure you always have enough perk points to enable whichever one becomes available via console commands.

ex: using this set of commands: (the capitalization is unnecessary)

SetStage APTensQ 1
SetStage AddPerkPointsQ 1
adds ten perk point to your player
there are others you can use rather than that first command:
SetStage APHundredsQ N
SetStage APTensQ N
SetStage APOnesQ N
where N is the number of units you wish to access.
ex: SetStage APTensQ 5 would be 50
ex: SetStage APOnesQ 7 would be 7
But if you intend to get there by doing any work, the big thing is collecting a lot of crystals, charging them, and using the station to enchant every bit of crap you can find to enchant.

For just grinding it out, AFAIK, there are a few enchantments that result in faster advancement, like enhancing Carry Weight (more) and Sneak (VERY much more). I think that there were one or two more (maybe Muffle), but I don't remember them specifically. The only weapon enhancements, I think, are Paralyze, Turn Undead, and Banish Daedra. I am referring to a similar magnitude of Alteration advancement for using Telekinesis...

Nice to hear from "youse." Thanks.

We've ground our way through fifty or more playthroughs, collecting hundreds of iron ingots\strips to make daggers to enchant with Banish, stealing and buying gems, etc., as that seemed fastest, until we began to realize that maybe the Enchanting Leveling was not on the same scale as leveling other skills.

On the reverse side, for far too-easy leveling, "Muffle" bangs up Illusion almost to 100 by just walking from Helgen to Winterhold (is this a spoiler, or a well-known general-discussion point?) Alchemy can be (re-)accelerated with the Resto-Loop, with no USSEP/USLEEP installed; Alteration, as said, with Telekinesis.

Conjuration with Soul Trap. Provided one makes a big fortify enchanting potion and enchants a head-piece with super Magicka points and a ring with over 100% Magicka-Regeneration. Still, big Potions of Fortify Enchanting do not seem to speed up Enchanting efforts at the Arcane Enchanters.

We began to think, maybe because Enchanting does not have its own Magic School, that advancing perks in that skill was not on a relative par with other skills. We didn't want to go console, but to find an in-game leveler.

I have spent an awful lot of time with banish weapons, to level enchanting. No need to make daggers. Just keep the iron and steel weapons from loot, sell the more expensive stuff and enchant the cheap stuff. Use only petty or lesser gems. The trick, for me, was to take the merchant perk, crank out as many banish weapons as I could, go to the college, sell to the mages, buy any spells, training, and full soul gems I needed, sell more, walk out with all their spell tomes, all their gems, and all their gold, and they have all my banish junk. :D Remember, also, to pick the mage stone and get a well-rested bonus before grinding enchanting.

Also, you're aware that each item and each enchanting operation gains you a different skill bump, right? The single slowest way to grind enchanting would be to use oodles of iron daggers.

Sure, if moose was charging you, you might take it down with a .22LR handgun, but you'd better be ready to fire a few hundred times very very quickly to stop it. Get my drift?

After the first few iron items at very low enchantment level, your gains are absolutely minuscule.

Like in metal crafting... weapons gain different skill bumps upon creation. or when grinding them, Armors the same way (the bench). And leathercrafting as well. And skill bumps both vary by item and by present skill and (I think) player level.

(almost) Every combo of item and enchantment, gains a different skill bump, and that skill bump is also affected by your present skill level (and possibly also your game level)

I've gotten as little as an almost imperceptible bump to a ~20% increase in skill level depending on the combo. For instance, right now, with my Enchant skill 85, level 40 player, I can get a big bump by applying an enchantment to a Dwarven or Elven or Ebony armor, while steel and iron weapons barely do anything to increase my abilities. In fact, Elven stuff is beginning to drop off quickly on the gains it gets me.

BTW, although I don't see a pattern as well with potion making, it's much the same. for instance, once you've found a recipe (by trial and error or otherwise) after the first few/several potions/elixirs/whatever, the skill gain falls away to very little for that recipe.

• 1 month later...

It took us awhile, but we finally searched the Nexus for Mods on Enchanting, and found lots of Mods that enable lots of cheats on leveling enchanting, or add multiple enchantments not restricted to any kinds of objects, and so on.

These mods have many-K downloads, so we realized experienced players well know about them, and like using them.

We decided for a more balanced approach, by adding our Enchantress Ahalya Mod, as a Master Trainer in Enchanting, and follower/companion. Players still have to grind a bit, but the speed of leveling is a bit more under control, and accelerated, if players elect that route in game.

And on this topic, we have noticed that one LE mod, ported to SE, fixes a glitch in the way the native game makes errors in how it processes enchantments, values, numbers, of gems needed, etc. We do not know if USSEP or USLEEP fixed that computation glitch.

We have also noticed in gameplay, this glitch in action , while also noticing that some of the Arcane Enchanters give greater buffs to leveling and skill, and some lesser buffs in game. The main Enchanters (Dawnstar's) found in the holds seem to buff faster than others (Castle Dour's).

Anything with sneak on it, levels up enchanting fairly quickly. As a general observation, the higher the value of the object created, the more experience you get for it. Making jewelry levels smithing right quick, thus, so does put valuable enchantments on said jewelry. :D

And yes, the merchant perk makes things MUCH easier. You are only limited by how much money each vendor has. For training, be very careful of how much you are spending. If the vendor ends up with more than about 32K gold, it breaks them, and you may 'sell' them stuff, but, you don't actually get the money for it......

Levelers Tower comes readily to mind if you wish to blast through the enchanting ranks. There are three pieces of armor in the Laboratory. Take the set that is the least appealing to you and learn its enchantments at the Enchanting Table. Just the points from that armor alone will zoom you way past the basics and will come in handy when you enchant items for the rest of the game. NPCs like Inigo, Serana, and Rigmor will feel safe and secure when wearing items with those enchantments. Win-win for everyone.