Backrooms Vault

lordvico

Oh hi! It's me again...

Recently i downloaded this "backrooms" map for Gmod to try out some fun, at first i thought this creepypasta/urban legend was too silly because it was only an amalgamation of several "myths" (and the feeling of uneasiness that those games brought for newer audiences) from late 90s/2000s games.

But, at least this version for Gmod that i linked, that would somewhat "fit" with the lore of "Vault-Tec" experiments...

So I would like to propose the following mod:

• Add another Vault at DC that have a similar entrance with Vault 112 (only one door inside the Vault entrance leading to the "testing labs");
  • When entering that, the player would end up in the hallway that, in the original creepypasta, is the "ressearching lab" where the backrooms are being studied: (IMAGE)
  • From these room to the "portal" to the yellow maze, i think little needs to be changed, only the design to match other vanilla FO3 vaults (and maybe switch some props from vanilla/DLC games);
  • In the maze itself, i think the "logic" from Dunwich building could be applied: it meant to be a haunted building, but yet manage to not depart from the lore of the series (instead of ghosts we have ghouls and glowing ones). So in this case we could add a bunch of raiders representing "test experiments" (that in the original backrooms lore are the scientists involved at the case), and ghouls/feral ghouls/glowing ones representing the eldritch abnormalities that inhabit the backrooms.
  • Of course, tweak a little bit the lore of the backrooms to fit the game's lore (like i said that happened in Dunwich Building): instead of the 'no-clip from reality' bulls***, notes could be found in the "control room" and in the maze itself explaining that vault was meant to test dwellers in the "limiar spaces", that is basically the source of most of the weirdness of the creepypasta per see. Something goes wrong - that's up to whoever have interest to make it - but i would suggest something more "mundane" to Fallout happening like an accidental FEV intrusion that cause some of the dwellers to become "eldritch abominations" (ghouls) - and for that vault is also abandoned into a chaos.
  • The thing here is that the maze could be huge and have some of the "teleport abilites" that, at least in that Gmod map, some walls have. That would further confuse the player to exit back to the Wasteland. Plus, i dont know if is possible, but keeping a constant spawner of ghouls could add even more difficulty for the LW to escape.
  • About the location: could be anywhere in the Wasteland, but not so close to another vault. Personally i would place it in a very "unexpected" location. Like in a DLC (non-Zeta) place? The Pitt? Point Lookout (maybe "merging itself" with the concept of "sea vault" that was scrapped for Fallout 4)?

Anyway, i would love to make a thing like this myself, but i really don't know even how to start (converting the gmod map itself to fallout 3/nv format is a big unknown for me). Making one from scratch, even more difficult.

So, if someone have interest - or even was thinking before in making a backrooms-themed Vault, i hope this post could help with new ideas for you to add. Thanks!