Reworking Light Step Perk

So in the next version of my rebalance mod, I wanted to make Light Step more interactive; instead of just turning off an entire element of gameplay, it makes it so its benefit is only active while walking or sneaking, so you can still blow yourself up if you're careless.

The problem is I can't find a way to do this. The way the perk works is that it uses an entry point called "Calculate Mine Explosion Chance" and sets that to 0.

The problem is that, near I can tell, this change is permanent. Even if you remove the Light Step perk from your character, or use another perk entry point to set "Calculate Mine Explosion Chance" to a different value. (Within Light Step itself or otherwise). Traps are permanently untriggerable once it goes in to effect.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions? Can any NVSE plugin help with this?

Edited by Radioactivelad

So in the condition field below the Entry point on "Perk Owner"

Did you try ...

IsSneaking = 1 OR

IsRunning = 0

But is it possible you need to basically turn off the vanilla perk Form ID in the master file ... and make a new one in your .esp ?

However ... if your .esp plugin is not able to add changes overwriting the vanilla one . Possibly it would if you turn your file into an .esm ?