body disappears after removing armor

realgq2000

Hello,

I would like to see if any one knows how to correct a vanishing body problem. It doesn't do it for all bodies but at times when you take people's armor or clothes their body disappears and all you see is head, hands and feet. I have reinstalled Skyrim to fix the problem but when reinstalling mods I cant quite pinpoint the culprit. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling several times and start over again. I have also tried to adjust load order but to no prevail. Please help.

A few possibilities

1. The NakedTorso armor addon form(s) may no longer be pointing to the specific race.

2. The SkinNaked armor form may no longer have the correct NakedTorso form(s) assigned.

3. The NakedTorso armor addon form(s) no longer have any meshes assigned.

4. A mod scripts the body to change upon armor removal and the new body has no meshes or textures.

Some possible solutions IF it is not script related

-- Save in front of a dead body that is missing the body

-- disable your plugin mods one at a time until the body returns

-- try a new game with only the last mod disabled active and see if it happens

-- if it does, that mod may have an issue in itself

-- if it does not, that mod may not work well with other mods

Any other issue, re-read all documentation regarding your mods to see if any change the default body in any way. Then double check the installation of those mods.

I finally figured it out it was the mod deadly dismemberment and gore so i just deleted it. But will fix it later. i had to some thing similar to what you had said. I had tried saving right next to the body and loaded all the mods and it never did it again until I killed some one in a different room. So i had to save outside a room and go back into the room after the install and finally dupped it. Thanks for your help!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...