Mod Request: Falconry

Swordblazer8

No, I am not a scripter

No, i am not a Modeler

Yes, i can retexture, that is about it.

HOWEVER

with that said, not knowing how much, or how difficult, the making of said mod would be, I shall post it anyway, the only risk being i will be ignored

Falconry: take control of a hawk, owl or falcon (maybe even eagle), depending on skill, to hunt down prey such as rabbits, foxes, and other small game. benefits would be a decreased chance of scaring off the animal before your bird of prey can attack it, and possibly 2x furs (to simulate the more "complete" fur you would obtain from a well executed falcon strike, as opposed to an inaccurate and brutal flurry of arrows). the birds in question would be equippable in place of a weapon, either in main hand or offhand, and would include FNIS compatibility to allow your bird to perch on your arm, as it would in real life. you can then aim at the small game, and click to send the hawk after it (possibly doable using spells, but would require FNIS animations, as well as the ability for your bird to return to your arm afterwards). Hunting strike success would depend on the Marksman, and Sneak skills, with new perks in the marksman tree allowing the use of specific birds (a typical one, such as a peregrine falcon, being the starter).

as for obtaining the birds, i really have no idea yet

i will NOT make this, as i said, i am no modder, i am merely putting the idea here because it doesn't already exist, and, whether or not it would even be doable, you have to admit, it is a pretty badass idea.

cool, another idea would a free fly mode where the bird can go off on it's own and then reports back to you after a preset amount of time, you can command the bird to do a bunch of things (like scout for targets, discover new areas for you and enable fast travel to a place you've never been and even have it warn you of incoming enemies)

cool, another idea would a free fly mode where the bird can go off on it's own and then reports back to you after a preset amount of time, you can command the bird to do a bunch of things (like scout for targets, discover new areas for you and enable fast travel to a place you've never been and even have it warn you of incoming enemies)

while that would be ideal, and again, i don't know ANYTHING about modding, but i think that might be a bit too complex. maybe not, i dunno.

would be quite interesting and fun with or without this though!

I don't think is possible for modders. This does not only sound similar complicated as dragon animations. It also looks like you want (AI) components which differ from what is available for dragons. And dragons would be the starting point when you make new flying species.

FNIS allows new animations. It doesnot provide means for adding behavior logic necesary for an intelligent creature.

I don't think is possible for modders. This does not only sound similar complicated as dragon animations. It also looks like you want (AI) components which differ from what is available for dragons. And dragons would be the starting point when you make new flying species.

FNIS allows new animations. It doesnot provide means for adding behavior logic necesary for an intelligent creature.

while i will not challenge you on the complexity of it i think there is a bit of a misconception

my explanation treated it more as a much more unique type of spell, that hits game in a specific kind of way depending on marksman and stealth skills, and uses a meshed out and animated "hawk" item, much like a staff would be used for another spell, and the projectile of which would look like a hawk, move just a bit slower than a fireball (for realism), and return to the caster's hand. this spell would have a low detection rate, again, depending on sneak skill, allowing you to more successfully hunt using this method, and a larger fur drop rate based on success, anything about changing existing game AI and behavior logic is a misconception. If you look to the post above, again, it would be ideal, but overcomplicated, as you said.

Err, isn't there already hawks that fly in the game? I remember shooting a lot of them. Or am I smoking something?

Err, isn't there already hawks that fly in the game? I remember shooting a lot of them. Or am I smoking something?

I think you might be talking about the Bone Hawks that circle Castle Volikar.