• Please log in to reply
957 replies to this topic

Darklocq

Darklocq

Cat o' Chocolate

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
In response to post #67111466. #77904313, #77932653 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I've found two more errors so far (failure of the new Eastern Dwemer War Axe to appear in at least one war axes leveled list, and removal of a vanilla weapon, I think another war axe, from a list). I'm in process of fixing that. Creating a USLeEP patch is not hard, but the overall project is giving me a headache.

I have CCOR, WaFR, IW, and various other stuff, too, and making a merged patch is quite a challenge given the number of leveled lists in this thing. So far, I'm making separate USLeEP, USLeEP+WaFR, USLeEP+CCOR patches, plus a combined one that also includes IW and the "True" patches for WaFR and CCOR (that's the hard part - they move Dwemer/Dwarven, Elven, and Orcish around in the gear hierarchy to fit better with the lore of previous games. It's such a headache I'm almost inclined to uninstall the True series ("Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp" and "Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp"), and just let Orcish be crappy and let Dragonbone be better than Daedric (which I think is something else it fixed). It occurs to me now that I also need to patch Immersive Weapons with regard to Orcish and Daedric (and Dwemer, which got move down below Elven and Orcish in quality) for consistent gear, and that's a whole lot of weapon and armor records.

Anwyay, at bare minimum, I can probably cough up a USLeEP patch pretty quickly. (Already did, actually, but discovered the other missing items after the fact, so have to redo that.) With the right bash tagging, and the right leveled-list merging tools, the manual work I'm doing to perfectly merge the leveled lists might be obviated, at least to an extent. I.e., all the items would be available. But no automated tool can figure out what the intent was, it can just try to add/remove/change records to produce the least amount of conflict, and I think the result of an auto-merge with no manual correction would be a very crowded set of leveled lists, with many items being treated as low-end gear and as mid-game gear at the same time. Anyway, it's very slow-going. I'm about 10% done, and that's without trying to produce separate patches for IW or for WaFR+CCOR+True without IW, and several other possibilities. If someone wanted to add in yet another huge pile of add-on weapons I would just give up!

Edited by Darklocq, 24 March 2020 - 06:19 AM.

Darklocq

Darklocq

Cat o' Chocolate

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
In response to post #67111466. #77904313, #77924758 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Update: Significant progress so far on patching for USLeEP, WAFR, CCOR, IW, and True Weapons, but I'm running out of steam for the day. Deets:
Spoiler

Now if someone would just make/find a replacement mesh for that Eastern Daedric sword so it looks like the Morrowind one instead of something from a sci-fi game, ha ha. Jokey criticism aside, kudos to the original modder. This must have been a lot of work, and I'm a huge fan of mods that increase consistency between TES games. The reason I'm spending at least 3 days on these patches is I badly want this mod (and want it happy with my other ones).

2020-03-23: I haven't totally forgotten about this, but got side-tracked by something more important to me, so I'm stuck at about 2/3 done for now. If I don't post something within a few weeks someone should message me with a reminder.

Edited by Darklocq, 24 March 2020 - 06:18 AM.

promitroy

promitroy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
Is it compatible with Summermyst-Enchantments mod?

ChristyPhilip

ChristyPhilip

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
In response to post #81066968.

Spoiler

Yes

Sorlomon

Sorlomon

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
In response to post #67111466. #77904313, #77924758, #77932653 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Reminder

kerrschtein

kerrschtein

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
In response to post #67111466. #77904313, #77924758, #77932653, #83490838 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hey, how's the progress going on this? I can't live without CCOR and WAFR fixes!

KinkyLevk

KinkyLevk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
In response to post #67111466. #77904313, #77924758, #77932653, #83490838, #84293853 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hello Darklocq, your project could very well resurrect this mod ! CCOR, WAAFR, Immersive Weapons and USLEEP became such important mods for this community (whereas TrueWeapon is down to personal tastes), I couldn't play the game without them and I'm sure it's the case for many. I don't know what else I could do but to encourage you to finish this (and release this patch yourself so we can endorse your amazing work !). I would be so thankful !

Anyways, I hope we'll hear again from you soon, in the meantime, take care man !

Darklocq

Darklocq

Cat o' Chocolate

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
In response to post #67111466. #77904313, #77924758, #77932653, #83490838, #84293853, #84381868 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Sorry for the delay. It's still on my to-do list. My ancient machine has crapped out, and I've been building a new PC. It POSTs, so next I'm installing BIOS updates, then Win10x64, then utilities, then the game, then my mods, and I'll be able to get back to it. I'm probably about 85% done with the patch (which is just really, really tedious to make). I'm not sure how well it will play with other patches; I saw one just now for Nock to Tip, and another for doing smelter breakdown.

Page loaded in: 0.984 seconds