CRASH FREE Skyrim

baloo42

Thank you Thomtris, they are probably 80% Gameplay, Item & Creature mods, i think i have 1 quest mod, namely Civil War

The Creature & NPC mods really allow for an interesting World experience with loads of encounters, no more lonely wandering :wink: [and a hostile world at that]

heheh, i haven't found out about the character running super fast bit for Perky, haven't played the game yet ^^

The Speed Revised mod i'm using is probably going to mess with this even more :smile:

You know, i used to think SkyRe was the answer to everything, and i really liked its innovative Perk-Tree, but then i discovered Unleashed, and this offered a whole new spectrum to Skyrim. So i was ready to trade them off, but was not going to use Skyre's main file just for the perk tree, and that's when i stumbled across Perky. Which i think is a fantastic mod.

There was that other one that got plenty of downloads, Perk-Up. But wow! There is a lot going on there :blink:

i highly recommend the 'Better Standing Stones' and 'Better Divine Blessings' mods, i did a lot of comparison checks between the various mods, and these really diversified the game greatly

also the ERSO Race module is fantastic (part of the ERSO main download package), you can get it on his new website :thumbsup:

http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/

Edited by baloo42

Wow ErCru! That is one really useful tip, Thank you!! :thumbsup:

i have read many posts about increasing the value [which always lead to many problems according to users]

but never have i read about decreasing it, clever thinking!

Edited by baloo42

I myself have tons, i have 255...but many more merged into 1 esp to save space, i can't help it. there is a lot of things i love to have in my game that are needed for me lol.

I've been doing that since i first played Morrowind, and as i type this i will give an example what is installed right now..

Skyrim 255+

Morrowind 255+

Oblivion 255+

Witcher 1 50? it's been awhile so i'm not sure

Witcher 2 about the same as above

Mass Effect 1 100+

Mass Effect 2, 0 not modded it yet

Mass Effect 3, same as above

Dragon Age Origin, 200+

Dragon Age 2, 0, not modded it yet.

Fallout 3, 255+

Fallout New Vegas 255+

STALKER, had tons but it's uninstalled right now

Diablo 2, just 1 massive overhaul

Diablo 3, just an injector for graphics and lighting, etc ( can't mod the game )

Dark Souls, only got the most needed PC mods/fixes ( just recently bought on sale so not really played )

Final Fantasy 7, 100+ ( 17Gb )

I could go on, but i think you get the idea hahaha.

Wow! that's a fantastic number of mods you have there, Fraquar :thumbsup:

Would it be possible to post your list up here for others to see?

(Wow, i did not even realize that games like Mass Effect and Final Fantasy could be modded! :blink:)

i really like your method described for testing a crash-free skyrim, very cool, i'm gonna give that a go right now :wink:

Edited by baloo42

repeating this tip. This is the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. been modding for 8 years. Havent crashed in over a week. Using ultra res tex mods, ENB, heavily scripted mods, even the vanilla scripts are running better. My computer is also heavily over clocked. I keep adding in more mods and still havent crashed once. Average playtime per session is around 1.5 hours.

Game became stable after lowering

UExterior Cell Buffer to a value of 24. Havent crashed in 40 hours. Ive actually never played a Bethesda game this long without crashing.

Using around 80 mods.