Configuring weapon damage and range

After a massive testing session with an EZ weapon damage/range test dummy I have finally figured out how weapon damage/range works.

On the Weapon form:

RangeMin (default 256) is a game unit base

RangeMax (default 256) is a game unit base

DamageBase set to 100 for baseline testing (no other damage omods or perks in a normal damage game)

Out-of-RangeMultiplier set to 0.5 for testing

Usually the barrel Omod will then add the range multipliers:

fminRange (long barrel default 9) which multiplies Weapon:RangeMin * (fminRange + 2) for the game unit range at which full damage starts to drop off

fmaxRange (long barrel default 16) which multiplies Weapon:RangeMax * (fmaxRange + 2) for the game unit range where the Out-of-RangeMultiplier is fully in effect.

The calculation holds across ~20 different RangeMin, RangeMax, fminRange, fmaxRange value tests.

------------------------------------------

Example A (using values above)

Range Damage

0 100

2816 99 = RangeMin 256 * (fminRange 9 + 2) starts damage reduction

3712 75

4608 50 = RangeMax 256 * (fmaxRange 16 + 2) damage reduction cap (DamageBase 100 * OoRMult 0.5)

48000 50

Just for fun using a projectile configured for 65000 game unit range, the weapon kept doing the out of range mult damage cap of 50 damage out to 48,000 game units with uGridsToLoad set to 25 before my game world falls over.

Example B

Weapon:RangeMin 1024

Weapon:RangeMax 2048

Weapon:DamageBase 100

Weapon:Out-of-RangeMultiplier 0.5

Barrel Omod fminRange 1

Barrel Omod fmaxRange 1

Range Damage

0 100

3073 99

4607 75

6139 50

48000 50

Note: trying to only use the weapon form values and setting fminRange and fmaxRange on an Omod to zero produces odd results.

Example C

Weapon:RangeMin 1024

Weapon:RangeMax 2048

Weapon:DamageBase 100

Weapon:Out-of-RangeMultiplier 0.0

Barrel Omod fminRange 1

Barrel Omod fmaxRange 1

Range Damage

0 100

3073 99

4608 50

5375 25

6140 0

TL;DR

(1) Full weapon damage (Weapon:DamageBase+OMOD:iAttackdamage) stops at Weapon:RangeMin * (OMOD:fminRange + 2)

(2) then stright line damage reduction to

(3) Minimum weapon damage (Weapon:DamageBase+OMOD:iAttackdamage) * Weapon:Out-of-RangeMultiplier at Weapon:RangeMax * (OMOD:fmaxRange + 2)

(4) to projectile range.

I have gtx1060, xeon 1650v2, 64gb ram, ssd m2. More than 11 I can not put at all. The game won't load. Well, it looks like the game will take forever to load.

(a) LOAD ACCELERATOR (no ENB post processing nonsense)

(b) Drop graphics settings to medium with shadows/godrays OFF [ UpdateGodraySettings Off ]

© Load into a low object/actor area e.g. save top left or top right corner of map, bump uGridsToLoad and fLODFadeOutMultActors .

(a) LOAD ACCELERATOR (no ENB post processing nonsense)

(b) Drop graphics settings to medium with shadows/godrays OFF [ UpdateGodraySettings Off ]

© Load into a low object/actor area e.g. save top left or top right corner of map, bump uGridsToLoad and fLODFadeOutMultActors .

Oh thanks. I understand. I have graphics maxed out, reshad, and swet fx. I didn't even think that it depends on the graphics settings. )

• 2 months later...