Photo

I installed 4 retexture packs ... And got no conflicts?!

texture conflict

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Savela

Savela

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

So, I download four big retexture mods with the idea that I will have the most coverage of good textures. They would conflict, but that's not a real problem, since it's just texture.

But they didn't conflict and that got me really surprised and a bit concerned.

The mods are Vivid Fallout - All in One; High Resolution Texture Pack; FlaconOil's Complete Retexture Project; and the Fallout 4 HD Overhaul.

I also have Gravel Redone 4K; Visible Galaxy 4k and Framework; True Grass and a bunch of other mods (that are not relevant here) installed.

Even more confusing is, that they seem to work. When i go ingame i can see that textures are changed. couldn't tell if it's all of them but still...

I can just not imagine that all these mods don't overlap somewhere. Did i do something wrong? Or did they just carved terretories out for themselves to not conflict?

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,317 posts

They quite likely have a lot of overlap, but, the conflicts are 'soft conflicts', so, the texture mod that loads last, wins. No big deal.

showler

showler

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,534 posts

Most of those mods have their files stored in archives.  Vortex can't detect conflicting files in archives and MO2 needs to have that function enabled (it's "experimental").

You could have hundreds of conflicts and not be warned about it.  Last archive to load will win.

Savela

Savela

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Most of those mods have their files stored in archives.  Vortex can't detect conflicting files in archives and MO2 needs to have that function enabled (it's "experimental").

You could have hundreds of conflicts and not be warned about it.  Last archive to load will win.

That must be it. The mods offered "ba2" versions and "loose file" versions, for no real reason. So with the loose file version i would get conflicts.

Thanks a lot :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: texture, conflict

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.146 seconds