SKYRIM Special Edition keeps crashing when ESC is pressed

OliverW55

hi there i am new to posting here in the forums, i am currently experiencing some issues when i start skyrim when ever i press ESC it crashes i have done some looking around and it seems to be a mod of that is doing it i am wondering if some one would be willing to inspect my list of enabled mods if you would happen to have the time i would really extremely grateful, do please reach out if there are any other suggestions thank you very much for your time even if its just to read hope you have a good day :)

Hi! Readers may also wish to know if you are using a Mod Organizer such as Vortex. Are you launching the game from the Skyrim.exe launcher, or from a different tool in your Mod Organizer?

Also, sometimes, players on PC have already bound their escape key to some PC function, or desktop Macro, and may have forgotten, or have downloaded an app which wants that key, so you might wish to eliminate those as possibilities?

If you have SKSE and Sky UI installed through your mod organizer, these usually correct key-binding errors, especially once you have them installed, you can set them to run the Skyrim.exe, and get error logs.

Just some ideas.

• 1 year later...

N0zip - if you have no mods installed (other than those that came with the latest SE/AE version - 1.6.640, or the GOG/Steam Deck version), you should probably just 'Verify Game Files' in Steam or whatever system you have installed Skyrim SE under.

FWIW, you should always list what version of Skyrim SE you are running, your windows version, and what platform you downloaded and installed Skyrim SE from. This post is probably a little too old to join in on (necroposting), as too much has changed in the last year or two.

Check out the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266 ), as it helps stop some serious game bugs/glitches, and tries to resolve many inconsistencies in the game (however, without some controversy about how 'inconsistent' they are).

If you have the full paid AE version with all of the Creation Club content, also check out the Unofficial Creation Club Content Patch ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18975 ), which does similar things for the added content/mods, which were originally notorious for problems when first offered separately by Bethesda.