shaunmcca92

Ok this is a gunna be a long shot yet i dont see why its not possible!

The "City of Hearthfire" or just Hearthfire

This example is based off Falkreath the place you go when you get a letter from the curior who sends you to a jarl

What is it?
-a mod that addopts the hearthfire dlc and turns your manor into a villiage, an esteamed town, and a flurishing city!

How its done!
Step 1: after you build your mansion, return to the jarl of the hold you built it on, ask the jarl about expanding your town! The jarl will be excited that his hold will be growing without his money being used and give you a building permit! you then must go to (depending on which path you took in the civil war if that far into the quest! otherwise skip this step!) the high queen in solitude or ulfric.

Step 2: you must now convert your hall into a hold! it will add a throne room to your building blueprints which will convert your main dinning area into a throne room! (possibly puts a fire pit where the table is) must turn the room on the right side of the building into a kitchen! the other side into a dining hall!

Step 3: next add roads turns your dirt walk ways into stone brick paths!

step 4: add a port! allows for shiping materials and selling goods! also allows access to morrowind if you have the dragonborn dlc! also adds transportation to solitude docks, windelm docks, riften, dawnstar! (possibly adds a fishing group who will bring in fish to your village providing food and another form of income!) see step 11 for more detail!

step 5: add and inn! a place for travelers and villigers to sleep untill they have a house!

Step 6: a shop!( with a living area inside the shop!) choose from a:
-magic shop (sells ingredients books armor and staves at a moderate price)
-a general store! sells a little bit of everything but at an inflated price!
-black smith shop! (adds a forge, smelter, grinding stone and workbench!) sells armor weapons and misc items at a moderate price
-a pawn shop buys and sells everything at a low price and sells them at high price!

step 7: build homes! builds homes to help increase the population and increase the gross income of your city!

step 8: build a farm! adds a farm for peasents who have nowhere to work! which can be expanded to allow for more people to work on it! expansions include:
-add a barn for livestock! (adds cows chickens and goats) [up to 10 villigers can work here]
-add a bee keeper abode! adds behives (also allows a honey house where you ship honey out to the cities for a good price! (adds a decent form of income) [5 people can work here 1 special recruitment for honey house (see below)]
-add a stables! to sell horses and breed them (a new horse is born every 14 ingame days!) (requires special recruitment for one! see recruitment below for more details!) [adds 5 jobs]
-add a field! potato cabage and wheat fields where lowley villagers can harvest stuff (or you!) and sell them to the field hand (recruitment below) [any amount can work here!]

step 9: Establish a barracks! (guards respawn if killed or shipped out at start of week)
-implements town guards to protect your citizens from wild animals and attacks! also establish law!
-guards will NOT ignore crimes you do! knowing moral standards they wont let even you get away with it! however you can use your position to get out of it!
--INTIMIDATE! "im the jarl of hearthfire! if you dont let me go there will be trouble!"
--BRIBERY! "im the jarl of hearthfire! if you let me go i can see that your pockets are lined with gold!
--PERSUASION! "Comon! how do you think it would look if you punished the jarl?"
-also adds a form of followers! (guards will follow you if requested!)
upgrades:
-starter barracks: 10 town guards 2 dungeon cells 1 comunity cell (for holding multiple prisoners!)
-level 2 barracks: +5 guards and +1 (knight will stay in the hold! and follow you if requested!)
-level 3 Barracks: +1 knight and +2 dungeon cells
-level 4 barracks: +5 guards + 1 exocutioner (also a warden to the jail!) +2 knights Full dungeon (6 cells 2 comunity cells and a bedroom for the exacutioner!
-level 5 barracks:
-Max guards (+10 (35)) max knights (+1 (5)) and a training grounds a small area outside where your soldiars can train (once built will increase there combat skills health damage and the weapons and armor they carry making them more formidable!)
-an optional addon is the armory!
--once level 5 barrack build this allowing you to allow guards to where up to Dwarven armor also adds in dawnguard armor for them once they have dwarven you can promote them to royal guard allowing them to where this as well as use adds crossbows to them instead of bows, and dawnguard ax instead of a sword!
--knights can where any armor once they have daedric or stalhrime you can promote them to Dragon Knight or Dragon guard! (dragon knight wheres dragon bone armor(heavy) and wields sword and shield, or two handed weps with a bow secondary) (dragon guard use dragon scale they specialize in dual wielding as well as bow)

step 10: build a trading post!
-allows the shipment and order of goods! increasing the towns income even more allowing for shops to have even more stuff and better stuff to sell! as well as increase the tax you can take from there shops! (see taxing)
--level 1 trading: Kajit Caravan! (either use existing caravan or make a new one)
--level 2 trading: The caravan will have horses now (requires 4 horse in stables)
--level 3 trading: the caravan will have 2 mounted guards (requires 2 horse and level 2 barracks!)
--level 4 trading: the caravan will have a mounted knight! (requires level 4 barracks)
--level 5 trading: the caravan will now go by ship and have 2 knights and 5 guards! (requires level 5 barracks and ship builder! see step 11 for ship builder!) 7 horses will be added to stables since the guards and caravan no longer need them!
-the level 1 trading brings in 5000g once a week then take 4 days traveling and 3 days resting (upgradable during resting)
-the level 2 will bring in 6000g
-level 3 7500g
-level 4 8000g
-level 5 10000g but will now take one day to rest bringing them in and they will stay at the trading post in the living corters of it!

Step 11: Build a ship builders!
allows for caravan to reach level 5!(previous step) allows you to travel to cities and morrowing (from step 4)
also allows bigger catch of fish from port and more income! (a ship requires 100 lumber and 50 nails) (to limit scripting all but the traveling ship (to cities and morrowind) will be out in the watter npc's will simply tp from the docks to the ship for the week and then back when on break! only way to get on the ship will be via command consel (tcl off) which theres not much we can do about that.
the traveling ship will be docked and work like the ship in windhelm and simply tp you to the docks of that city! it will not allow you to go to morrowind till you do i once in windhelm! to avoid quest errors and the firt time scinamatics!

step 12: from village to town! adds a wall around your town made of wood and an open gate where guards can take up posts (requires all previous steps to addvance and requires barrack level 5 and trading level 5 and a full farm!)

step 13: from town to city! Walls are made of stone gate is closed and now have a loading screen! (otherwise every time you enter world area it will take forever to load! (docks are outside the walls) you may choose to leave the loading screen out)

step 15: establish hearthfires independance! go to the jarl and tell him you are no longer going to be apart of his hold! and will not give part of your resources to him anymore! (all income will dubble and resources harvested as well)

optional buildings:
mill so you dont need to travel for wood!
mines with a never ending vein of each reasorce!
miners hut! will add 2 miners who fill up the chest with random ores each day!

recruitment: a ledger will be added when you establish hearthfire allowing you to recruit special villigers! each position with 5 levels! novice apprentice adept expert master
-general merchant (general store)
-mage (magic shop)
-pawn broker (pawn shop)
-miners (miners hut)
-lumber jack (mill)
-caravaneers[4] (caravan)
-ship master [ship builders]
-captains [to piolet ships]
-ex malitia [exacutioner]
-blacksmith [blacksmiths shop]
-farmer [farm hand]
-stable master [stables]
-fisherman [docks]
if you recruit a higher level person the less you pay when buying for them or more money you make from the caravans
for the lumberjack and miners you will get more luber and more ore, from the stables better quality horses! shop owners also give you more in taxes if higher level! exacutioner level increases the less chance of an escape and riots breaking out! (see events) higher level also means better things for sale! ship builders requires less materials to build the ships with better ranks

taxing
level worker tax/week increase per level
novice shop owners 500g +250g / level
novice miners 60g +10g / level
novice Lumber jack 60g +10g / level
novice caravaners not taxed since they always travel and provide great income!
novice ship builder 100g +25g / level
novice farmer not taxed provides food for city!
novice stables 75g +15 / level not taxed after royal horse event!
novice fisherman not taxed provides food
n/a villagers fee 50g (per each person who lives in your city (excluding knights only)
novice exacutioner not taxed! runs your prison duuuh!

events:
plague! -- a plague will swipe across your farm and kill your current live stock and horses (that are in stables only and are not owned by you!!!) can be prevented if you give a cure desiese potion to the stabel master and farm hand within 24 hours of the start of event (in game hours)

bandits! -- bandits will raid you town if you dont have a barracks!

uncle sam wants you! -- the jarl will call for your aid at random times after barracks level 2 and request 5 guards be sent to him! (wont happen after you gain independence!) 5 guards will leave your city! (new guards spawn at the beginning of each week!) if you dont send them you get nothing out of it
if you send them you get 1000g! also increases the chance of your town loosing more people durring a riot!

RIOT! -- if your prison is full and exacutioner fails to exacute the prisoners before the prison fills up (higher rank in exacutioner means more exacutions he can handle) a random cell will open (escape) and the prisoners that are in that cell will attack the exacutioner if the succede in killing him they will open all other cells! prisoners will flood your streets going hostile! the riot will go on till all prisoners are killed! so you may want to help quell the riot! less you loose all your villigers! (also increase your guards armor via armory to make them stronger!) to prevent this from happening either get a master level exacutioner (the event wont ever trigger) or exacute prisoners yourself! (this is not against the rules cause once you open the cell (which is owned by you so not a crime) they go hostile making them mad at you and them the bad guys!

More troops for the cause! -- after ship builders and barracks level 5 and upgrade to town:
the leader of the civil war (depending on which side you choose) will request 1 ship 10 guards and 1 knight!
(you will be rewarded 10000g if you do this!) (you will have 2 days to compleate this quest since a ship may take time!)
makes you more suseptable to riots and attacks! (stops accuring after you complete the main quest civil war!)

war on your doorstep! -- after you establish independence a group of 10 mercenaries will come and attack you exclaming your city will belong to (random hold) and you will submit to them now! (if you choose to submit incomes and resources will be reduced to half) or you can not submit and enter combat! your guards will help so dont be overwelmed by there numbers! to re-establesh independence you will need to go to the hold and exlain independance again (which now cost 1000g)
this event is triggered only when you leave your hold through the front door and after you estableshed indepence!

Looters assassins and bandits oh my! -- when your not in your hold a curior will meet you saying a letter from a friend!
it will say a group of (random number 1-5) armed (looter, assassins, or bandits) where captured! you will now find them in your dungeon!

please add more events its a thought in progress i cant think of many as of now!

ABOUT THE IDEA! (THIS PART CONTAINS SPOILERS SO BE CAUTIUS)

THIS IS A HUGE PROJECT NONE THE LESS! I KNOW IT IS A LONG SHOT!
EVER SINCE MORROWIND I WAS HOPING TO BECOME ROYALTY WITHIN THE GAME!
IN OBLIVION AT THE END OF THE MAIN QUEST WHEN THE MARTIN GIVES HIS LIFE TO SAVE THE WORLD THE EMPORERS ADVISOR SAYS YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT DEAD AND WHEN YOU THINK "OH BOY, IMMA BE EMPEROR!" YOUR WRONG! ALL YOU GET IS A LUSTIOUS SET OF ARMOR! I MEAN COMON WHO ELSE IS LEFT TO TAKE THE BLOODLINE! I PRACTICLY SAVED THE DAMN WORLD! NO I DID SAVE IT! I SHOULD BE THE NEW EMPORER! BUT ALAS YOU DIDNT GET IT!

THEN WHEN SKYRIM CAME OUT AND THEY HAD MIRRAGE I FOUND OUT THAT THE HIGH QUEENS HUSBAND IS KILLED OFF IN THE MAIN QUEST! I WAS LIKE OH BOY IMMA BE KING! BUT WHEN I GOT MY AMULET AND WENT TO SWEET TALK HER.... I LATER RELIZED ONLY CERTAIN WOMEN CAN BE MARRIED LAGITAMATLY WITHOUT COUNSEL COMMANDS!

THEN CAME AND DAWNGUARD! YOU CAN BECOME A VAMPIRE LORD WHICH IS THE CLOSEST THING YOU CAN BECOME TO ROYALTY AND A "LORD" BUT THATS MORE LIKE A LEADER OF THE THE THIEVES GUILD OR DARKBROTHER HOOD.... NOT ROYALTY!

AND FINALY I GOT A LETTER FROM A JARL! (HEARTHFIRE) I COULD BUILD MY OWN ESTATE! OH MY THIS IS TO GOOD! WHEN I FINALY FINISHED MY FIRST HOME AND COUNTLESS DAYS (REAL LIFE) OF FARMING GOLD MATERIALS AND STONE! I SAW MY MANSION WAS COMPLEATE! BUT IT WASNT GOOD ENOUGH! WHAT GOOD IS A MANSION IF THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO JOIN YOU ARE YOUR FAMILY A THANE A BARD AND A MAN DRIVING A WAGON WHO NEVER SEEMS TO MOVE AND HAPPENS TO BE WHEREVER YOU ARE!
THEN IT HIT ME! IF BETHESDA WONT DO IT! WHY NOT THE FANS!

I BEGAN DREAMING OF A MOD THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST FAN MADE DLC! (KINDA LIKE HORSE ARMOR IN OBLIVION! YUP BET YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT WAS ACTUALY FAN MADE AND BETHESDA ADOPTED IT!)

I KNOW THIS IS A BIG PROJECT! AND REQUIRES a lot MORE THOUGHT THAN WHAT I PUT INTO IT! BUT I HOPE IT CAN HAPPEN!

IM GOING TO SUBMIT THIS CONTENT TO BETHESDA AS WELL TO SEE IF THEY MAY ADOPT IT AND IMPLEMENT IT! WOULDNT THAT BE GRAND? IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DREMPT OF ROYALTY WHILE PLAYING THE ELDER SCROLLS GAMES! IN FACT I KNOW IM NOT!

Vist bethesda forum post HERE

if anyone adopts this idea... thank you and i cant wait to see it come to life! if not i understand! its a big project and would require a pretty good size team less it take a year to make ^__^

EDIT:

A new skill tree!

Royalty!

depending on how you handel events or when you build things or collect taxes and when defend your city it increases your royalty level!

higher level adds perks:

-that increase buying and selling (simular to the speechcraft tree first perk)

-increase your chance of getting out of crimes!

-increases the chance to recieve random donations

-a master of royalty can team with other jarls

-a jarl sending troops to aid you in your defence as a gift!

Ally and enamy!

befriend a jarl by signing a peace treaty! befriend a hold that has enamies means your now there enamies!

an improved map concept!

Terriotories! capture towns and after you capture all the towns in each hold take the hold!

other holds who are your allies may help you out! holds that are not your ally may help your enamy out!

work to rule all the hold!

Edited by shaunmcca92