Still no success on the outcome. Using the quest "DA09ChangeLocation" as a template, I have created a second quest intended to start using a "change location" event, created the aliases, compiled the scripts and fragments, set the variables in CK, and added the quest to the story manager (FWIW, the only time I've used the story manager is for Actor Dialog Events). For the location alias, I set it to use the change location event by utilizing the keyword "LocationHasRefType" of "BossContainer" just like they did, as it is very much fitting for my situation. Both the new scripts compiled successfully (on my first attempt, actually ), but I still see no evidence that my key was placed in the container. I also added a 'debug.notification' to the fragment forcing the aliases to the main quest to tell me when it is added, which I never see.
The quest itself is set to a priority of 0 and has a single stage of "0" containing nothing more that a script fragment. The fragment is as follows:
;add key to container Alias_Container.GetReference().AddItem(Alias_Key.GetReference()) kmyquest.ClearpineQuest01ContainerLocation.ForceLocationTo(Alias_Location.GetLocation()) kmyquest.ClearpineQuest01Container.ForceRefTo(Alias_Container.GetReference()) debug.notification("Adding key to Container") ;calling stop on script stop()
I still don't know where I'm going wrong. I assume this is intended to "start()" by the usage of the change location event.
I remain stumped.