Photo

I click the play button but nothing happens? (SSE)

skse launch sse skyrim special edition play button skse mistake

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

OurKelda

OurKelda

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm using the newest version of Vortex and running 66 mods, things were working great until I tried to install skse, and now when I try to launch the game through vortex, I click the play button and nothing happens. I think that I installed skse right, but I must have made some kind of mistake in doing so. 

I started by installing the main skse file through vortex, then I installed the address library through vortex, then engine fixes part one through vortex, and finally I extracted engine fixes part 2 to the skyrim folder.

Any help would be super appreciated, thanks for your time!

rmm200

rmm200

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

"Nothing happens" may be misleading. SSE may just never open the initial screen, for a variety of reasons.

Try closing Vortex and execute skse64_loader from the game directory. What happens?

Note: Vortex never needs to be open when you run SSE. This is different than MO 2.

OurKelda

OurKelda

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks so much for answering, I got a system error that says bink2w64.dill was not found. Is that from engine fixes? I made sure that my address library was the right version but I don't see that file in engine fixes. 

I also should mention that I use windows 11 if that affects anything.

Edited by OurKelda, 17 June 2022 - 11:27 PM.

rmm200

rmm200

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

OK - I am taking a risk here, and this is not a Vortex recommended activity.

Here is a YouTube video that describes your specific problem on Windows 11.

The guy seems to know what he is talking about, but use of his information is your responsibility.

OurKelda

OurKelda

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skse, launch, sse, skyrim special edition, play button, skse mistake

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.965 seconds