Grass Cache for AE?

SuijouM

Does anyone have anything in the works for AE and grass LODs? I know the authors of 2 important mods havent been updating and all I can tell is grass LODS are either unavailable for AE atm or you need to precache with SE and port to AE, and that just feels risky to me and very time consuming. I can settle with some clipping, but man do I detest grass fade in. I figured I'd ask before I cave and downgrade again...

Any news, even hearsay letting me know the wait is not in vain would be very much appreciated! Thank You.

AFAIK, the situation hasn't changed lately. Maybe someone is working on a port of .NEt framework and/or NGiO, but I don't know of any announcement. So, it is, what it is. If you want a grass cache, you need to build it in SE. IMHO, this isn't too difficult, if you use Vortex.

For convenience, I created a Vortex profile for SE. Remember you don't need everything you have in your AE game in that profile. For creating a grass cache, you only need to activate all mods, that somehow change landscape and locations. Textures and meshes work the same in SE and AE, so that's easy. Player homes and other landscape changes usually also work both in SE and AE. Therefore, your SE profile can be pretty "basic". No need for fancy physics, combat overhauls and so on.

Once you have a stable SE profile, it's just pressing one button in Vortex and waiting for the grass cache to be created. Besides that, you usually don't change landscape (and grass) that often, do you?

T

AFAIK, the situation hasn't changed lately. Maybe someone is working on a port of .NEt framework and/or NGiO, but I don't know of any announcement. So, it is, what it is. If you want a grass cache, you need to build it in SE. IMHO, this isn't too difficult, if you use Vortex.

For convenience, I created a Vortex profile for SE. Remember you don't need everything you have in your AE game in that profile. For creating a grass cache, you only need to activate all mods, that somehow change landscape and locations. Textures and meshes work the same in SE and AE, so that's easy. Player homes and other landscape changes usually also work both in SE and AE. Therefore, your SE profile can be pretty "basic". No need for fancy physics, combat overhauls and so on.

Once you have a stable SE profile, it's just pressing one button in Vortex and waiting for the grass cache to be created. Besides that, you usually don't change landscape (and grass) that often, do you?

Thank you for the tips, I didn't even think about that profile feature. There are not many resources for this atm so I really appreciate your help!