NPC moved from int to ext location, quest and NPC dialogue broken

I wanted to switch up my quest a bit so I moved the npc from the frozen hearth inn to the winterhold exterior, making sure to go back and swap out where the npc in the cell was referenced. It only showed 2 and both are definitely swapped out. The npc wasn't reliant on the location and just sandboxed in there. Despite that the npcs dialogue attached to the quest won't trigger at all. I've saved and reloaded as that usually fixes my dialogue issues but it's not changing anything this time. What could I have broken in the process of moving the npc? Here's exactly what I did prior to breaking it:

• spawned in a new copy of the npc outside
  • checked what the old npc was connected to by going to delete it to get the warning list of connections
  • swapped a package that tells a skeever to follow the old npc spawn to the new one
  • swapped out a script property attached to the old npc for the new one. It was attached to the of the last lines of dialogue in that quest that has a script moving cheese between the npc and the players inventories.
  • deleted the old npc
  • placed a sniff idle marker for a skeever I also had to delete and relocate that had nothing else linked to it
  • made a package to have the skeever use the idle marker with a getstagedone condition
  • made a package telling the new npc to sit on a bench with a getstagedone condition
  • saved in the CK and tested on a new save

The NPC did sit so the packages are fine, have I forgotten something completely obvious?