OBLIVION CTD WHEN ENTERING ONE INTERIOR CELL

jwoltz

I have my game now working on Windows 10 brilliantly...except for one thing...I have long played with the mod "Trade and Commerce" installed with no problems whatsoever...until now. I have been test-playing and everything is working as before except I can't enter my store anymore. If I save inside the store the game will load with no problem. But upon exiting the door into the city of Chorrol, even if I don't play anywhere else, but turn around to reenter the door, I get a CTD. No matter how much I play or save elsewhere, I simply cannot reenter the store cell. I get a CTD every time Even using the command console and the COC command, it crashes. I assume something is corrupted inside the cell, but what...why...when....how...and ultimately HOW to fix it! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

i can not help you with the mod but i know these kind of ctd szenarios and i solved them this way.

what you need to narrow the cause:

1. a capable and reliable mod manager. reliable deletion of mods should be no deal at all! this is essential and there is no way around.

2. an older save or a profile that works without ctd in this cell. if you find that profile decide what is easier:

a) new installation mod by mod vased on the working profile or b) following the next steps.

3. when was the last time you entered the cell without ctd.

4. which mods did you add afterwords.

5. backup your profile and sort out all the newer mods one by one until the ctd disappears.

in my case most ctd in oblivion were based on faulty meshes or textures

if you are sure it is related to one mod only go into detail and check the files with nif tool and texture tool.

batch converter or any file integrity checking tool can also be a nice help. if conversion fails it is often a sign for a corrupted file.

If this mod uses many created/cloned objects it could be also this (excerpt from Engine Bug Fixes docs):

13) LoadCreatedBaseObjectsFix (v1.0)
This is NOT an engine bug fix but rather an OBSE bug fix which hopefully will become obsolete in the future.
Fixes form IDs in created base objects not getting resolved properly after changing the load order.
It happened to me when I changed load order of mods which I use and suddenly I couldn't enter Bruma because of crashes (the culprit was statue of me, because it's my "clone"). Maybe if you try install this plugin and test it with this save, the result will be better?
Edit: However this plugin cuts deeply to Oblivion. Also if you are using enchanting mods, there's a warning on mod's comments to not use "StaffEnchantmentCastTypeFix", with Enchantment Mastery to be precise.
Edited by RomanR

SUCCESS! PROBLEM SOLVED! It turns out that there was indeed a conflict but it had nothing to do with Trade & Commerce. I had displayed armor and clothing on mannequins in my store from the "Reznod's Mannequin" mod. As such, using BOSS to reinstall the Oblivion game's many mods, Reznod's was placed in a particular load order which ended up conflicting with the "equipment" feature in Oblivion Reloaded's .ini file - placing shields on backs. One mannequin was displaying a shield which was causing all the CTDs every time I tried to walk in the door. All I had to do, believe it or not, was redress the mannequin in-game and...voila! Thanks to everyone for the great advice concerning mod conflicts. It steered me in the right direction!

I did use Reznods Mannwquins inside my hobbit Home and it caused some issues there. The menu from the mannequin kept popping up time to time...

Maybe it can be so my companions tried to steal the stuff at the mannequin when I think about it? They steal stuff from my containers and also loose stuff I tried to display. I took one by mistake into my display room, and I saw stuff disapearering from the racks and end up in my companions inventory.

So if a companion did activate a mannequin, the messagebox should pop up for the player. Well that is the only explanation I have. In any case, I flushed that mod.

Edited by Pellape