Mod Request: Two-Handed Straight Sword Idle/Move to One-Handed Greatsword Idle/Move

lordduckie111

As the title says, I'm looking for a mod to swap the Two-Handed Idle and Two-Handed movement animations of the Straight Sword category with the One-Handed Idle and movement animations of the Greatsword category. I like the Greatswords' held-on-the-shoulder look way more than I like the current constipated im-holding-a-broom look of the straight sword category. Or even just make the two-handed variant look just like the one-handed version at least. I don't like the weird grip. Any other suggested holds are welcome too, just no the broom hold please.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna go ahead and close out my own post I suppose - your weapon "hold" is determined by the "Weapon Motion Position" option within Yapped.

If you're not sure how to work yapped, look a tutorial. I don't recall where I found mine, think I figured it out through the "2-handed sacred seal with standard posture" mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/1142 )

Open the regulation.bin with yapped, navigate to EquipParamWeapon in the left pane, then to the weapon you want to edit in the middle pane. Finally scroll down to Weapon Motion Position in the right pane. I don't know all of the values, but if you want to hold something like the longsword in two hands but have the one-handed idle, you need to change the value of the Weapon Motion Position - 2H to the same value as Weapon Motion Position - 1H. In this case, one handed longsword has a value of 0 while the two handed longsword has a value of 10.
**NOTE THAT FOR SOME REASON, SWAPPING THE 2H ANIMATION FOR THE 1H VERSION SEEMS TO FORCE YOUR CHARACTER TO BLOCK WITH THEIR EMPTY OFFHAND**

You can also change the weapon moveset to that of another weapon by changing the "Weapon Motion Category".
For instance, I swapped the Rapier moveset with the Longsword moveset because I liked the changes made by the Moveset Animation Remix's mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/mods/920 )

PSA: Probably don't do any of this if you're playing online.

Edited by lordduckie111