Physics mods requires a PhD in software engineering

GlytchMeister

Ok seriously, I've had to cluelessly install like 3 completely new and unfamiliar programs that have something to do with actual software code editing, one of them wants me to edit a config file with Notepad++ but i can't find anything telling me what in that file im supposed to modify or how, and like 15 mods that all somehow require eachother in this complex interconnected web, and there's like 3 versions of every mod, and finally, they all say they need me to do something with bodyslide but none of them explain WHAT i need to do with bodyslide except "build"

Help?

Is there a step-by-step guide or walkthrough that gets down into the nitty gritty and handholds you through this insane installation nightmare?

Or do I just need to give up and wait for TESVI?

I just want CBBE with physics that works with clothes, and maybe cloaks/capes with physics, too. but that's it.

Please help.

Ok, as best I can put it in ELI5

First, this presumes you've installed CBPC and all other necessary file requirements, per the CBBE instruction.. CBPC provides the actual physics used to simulate gravity's affect on certain body parts (in your case, the breasts and butt).

"Bodies" are made of three parts

1) the skeleton (this is ultimately where you get your ability to bounce, via CBPC acting on stuff in the skeleton)

2) the mesh (a wireframe that defines shape and linkage to the skeleton and something to drape the texture over)

3) the texture (the skin you see)

Part 1, creating your CBBE Physics body

1) open Bodyslide

2) click the "Outfit/Body" dropdown and select the "CBBE Body Physics"

3) click the "Preset" dropdown and select whichever CBBE preset you favor. (CBBE Ahtletic, CBBE Curvy, CBBE Slim, etc)

4) optional if you want to customize your body

4a) click the "Preview" button to open a preview panel showing your current body

4b) use the sliders to adjust

5) check the "build morphs" checkbox (you said you don't want complicated, so let's just say this will provide some ingame options you'll realize later on)

6) click the "build" button

"building" means "Generate the mesh file and deposit it in the player or associated mesh folder. And since build morphs was checked, also generate a .tri file and deposit in the player mesh folder too".

7) now, go back to the Outfit/Body dropdown, then chose the CBBE feet, and with the build morphs checkbox checked, build the feet.

8 ) now, go back to the Outfit/Body dropdown, then choose the CBBE hands, and with the build morphs checkbox checked, build the hands

9) finally, if you have customized the body in any way, save the preset as a custom preset. You will need it for fitting clothing and armor.

Your CBBE Physics body should now be built. Or more plainly, the mesh files (and option tri files) have bene created (built)

----

Part 2 - clothing and armor

For clothing and armor, download and install ONLY mods that specifically say they are for CBBE Body with Physics. Do not install any other armors or clothing mods. If they don't say "CBBE physics", don't download.

Presuming you installed said clothing/armor mod(s), we now have to fit the clothing to the body you just created.

I will not be talking about batch builds. That's complicated. You wanted ELI5

Click Preset dropdown

Select your custom CBBE Physics preset

Click Outfit/Body dropdown.

Select an outfit from your new CBBE with physics armor or clothing mod.

Build each element of that armor/clothing (body, feet, hands)

Now that outfit should fit your custom body built in part 1 and be ready for equipping once in game.

repeat for each item of CBBE Physics clothing armor you desire.

oh, i was attempting to use HDT... well, FSMP... which is the one that required Notepad++ but didnt tell me what to do with it.

I am gonna try and use CBPC instead. Will report my findings later, thanks.

FSMP is the latest version of HDT-SMP and is needed for bouncy clothing and so forth, but not a CBBE body, even when built with physics, since it doesn't use and (afaik) can't use SMP, since it predates creation of SMP control. Its ancestors descendants do need, or can use SMP though, ie CBBE-SMP, CBBE-Advanced, CBBE-3BBB, CBBE-3BA, CBBE-3BA v2, (and I think there's even a CBBE-3BA v3 now) since SMP was added to their designs

You still need FSMP for other things (clothing, wigs, etc), but not for a stock CBBE (with physics) mother of all CBBE-variants body. All of its wubba/badonkadonk/jiggle comes from CBPC

Just to repeat myself...if you opt for CBBE (with physics), choose clothing and armor made for "CBBE with physics" or things may not turn out quite like you expect. (same goes for any body choice. use only armor/clothing designed for that body type or deal with whatever oddities come of equipping them)

ok, so... what setup should i go for to get body physics with the least amount of bullcrap to slog through? Because while i can have fun trying to get mods to work, I've hit the end of my rope on that aspect and i just want the stupid things to work, lol.

once i can get that to work, how do i then get hair, clothes, and equipment physics? Is that a whole different setup, or does that just require building upon the above setup?

right... here's how i understand things right now:

FNIS requires nothing

Racemenu requires nothing

SKSE requires nothing

XP32 requires FNIS, SKSE, and Racemenu

CBPE requires all of the above

CBBE requires nothing

Bodyslide requires nothing

So that's the "no bullcrap" setup?

And to get better physics with hair, clothing, and equipment, I'd need:

CBBE 3BA, which is a better version of CBBE+SMP, and requires all of the above plus HDT-SMP, which has been superceded by FSMP, and PapyrusUtilSE

FSMP requires FSMPV - HDT-SMP XML Schema

FSMPV - HDT-SMP XML Schema requires Notepad++, but it doesnt really explain what i'm supposed to do with it

PapyrusUtilSE requires Address Library for SKSE and SKSE

And then the indivudual physics plugins for the equipment, hair, and clothes... right?

ok, so... what setup should i go for to get body physics with the least amount of bullcrap to slog through? Because while i can have fun trying to get mods to work, I've hit the end of my rope on that aspect and i just want the stupid things to work, lol.

once i can get that to work, how do i then get hair, clothes, and equipment physics? Is that a whole different setup, or does that just require building upon the above setup?

What you suggested, unless you mean with flower girls/SL stuff and your player is female, in which case, CBBE-3BA or BHUNP v3 would be my suggestion, although without bullcrap is probably untrue for those, since they require a little more effort.

If you're male, almost nothing, other than installing SOS IFF that's part of your plan. My male player is stock body (no bodyslide involved) and has an SOS addon schlong. Otherwise he's right out of the box (plus a tiny amount of facial tweaking in racemenu to make him just a little less unpleasantly scarfaced.

I posted this reply to you on the FSMPV page:

You need to look again at the mod requirements for CBBE 3A. There are notes to the right of the required mod listing that will tell you the conditions that each requirement mod will fill. In the case of body physics, you have a CHOICE of CPBC or SMP (FSMP), and under SMP, you can choose to combine both in a single body (SMP breasts only, SMP breasts & butt, SMP breasts, butt, belly - any parts not listed run under CPBC - this is useful if your comp is not powerful enough to run full SMP).

So, maybe you should try CPBC only, then upgrade to SMP as your experience allows.

Also, for the males, you might consider Tempered Skins for Males https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7902 . I use it, because it seems to have fewer conflicts with other mods, especially outfits. It requires a second d/l from a different site (LL), the link is in the Installation portion of the cover page. Make sure that you read the whole page.

FSMP requires FSMPV - HDT-SMP XML Schema

FSMPV - HDT-SMP XML Schema requires Notepad++, but it doesnt really explain what i'm supposed to do with it

That's a misunderstanding. FSMPV is some kind of "developer tool". Not required at all, if you simply want to have physics in your game. So, also no Notepad++ and editing of text files required.

IMHO you're making things a little more complicated than they are. While it is true, that some mods need other mods, which might need other mods, in practice it isn't all that hard.

SKSE, Address Library, PapyrusUtil, Racemenu: That's rather basic stuff. Especially the first three are used by a lot of different mods. If you mod your Skyrim a bit, you'll need those anyway - sooner or later. And you don't want to use the Vanilla character creation UI...

For physics, I'd start with CBBE 3BA. Yes, it has some requirements, but they are all listed under "requirements" in the mod's description. All you have to do is download and install these mods according to CBBE-3BA's description. No rocket science required. Reading and installing. That's it.

Once you managed to install 3BA and get it to work, you'll have reached a first milestone and you'll have a working female body with physics. First goal achieved. :cool:

If you also want a male nude replacer, you can use "Shlongs of Skyrim" (SoS) from loverslab or HIMBO here from the Nexus (which will also require SoS....), which will give you more customization options. Up to you.

Once you got a working female (and maybe male) body and know how to use Bodyslide, the hardest part is done.

Now you can add armors with physics and other stuff. You don't need to install everything at once. You can always add physics clothes later - or hair, if you wish to. It's not like you "need it all and need it now". Take your time, proceed with small steps.

TLDR: Don't focus on "what, if", focus on your goal. You want physics in your game. Therefore I'd recommend you to start with installing CBBE-3BA.